SPFA Announces Winners of the 17th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards
Stafford, VA – February 17, 2023 – The Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA), the educational and technical resource to the spray polyurethane foam (SPF) industry, today announced the winners of the 17th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards. The industry awards program highlights some of the spray foam industry’s latest standout projects and recognizes contractors for their solid practices in applications of spray polyurethane foam (SPF) in insulation, roofing, specialty applications and concrete lifting, as well as for elastomeric coatings applications. The SPFA recognized all winners on Tuesday, February 14 during the program’s official awards ceremony held at SprayFoam 2023 Convention & Expo in Daytona Beach, Florida. The industry awards program is sponsored by Arkema and Evonik.
“Our winners have completed some of our industry’s absolute best work in spray foam and coatings,” says Denny Vandewater, owner of Sadler Coating Systems, SPFA past-president and chairman of the 2023 SPFA Awards Program. “These projects and contractors are an inspiration to us all.”
The awards program recognizes stellar projects representing best practices in seven categories: Commercial Enclosure SPF; Residential Enclosure SPF; Roof SPF Less Than 40,000 Square Feet; Roof SPF Over 40,000 Square Feet; SPF Specialty Applications; SPF Concrete Lifting; and Elastomeric Roof Coatings. The SPF Concrete Lifting category is a new category introduced this year.
The winners and runners up of the 17th Annual SPFA National Industry Excellence Awards include:
- Polyseal Insulation with supplier Huntsman Building Solutions for Fort Yukon LRRS Barracks (WINNER – Commercial Enclosure SPF)
- Homeco Insulation, Inc. with suppliers BASF and International Cellulose Corp. for Fort Snelling Upper Post Flats-Phase 1 (Runner up – Commercial Enclosure SPF)
- Peak Spray Foam Insulation with suppliers Natural Polymers LLC and IDI for Stowman (WINNER – Residential Enclosure SPF)
- Spray All with supplier Huntsman Building Solutions for Tibbot House (Runner up – Residential Enclosure SPF)
- Wedge Roofing with supplier Cal Roofing Supply for Napa County Vineyard (WINNER – Roof SPF Less Than 40,000 Square Feet)
- Central Coating Company with supplier National Coatings Company for Bay Area Luxury Apartments (Runner up – Roof SPF Less Than 40,000 Square Feet)
- West Roofing Systems with supplier SWD for Sharpsville Container (WINNER – Roof SPF Over 40,000 Square Feet)
- Draper Construction & Commercial Roofing, Inc. with supplier Everest Systems for Southgate Shopping Center (Runner up – Roof SPF Over 40,000 Square Feet)
- Midwest Spray Foam Insulation with suppliers Foam Direct and Conklin for Hawkins Chemical (WINNER – SPF Specialty Applications)
- Polyseal Insulation, LLC with supplier HMI for Port of Whittier Dolphin Cell Repair (WINNER – Concrete Lifting)
- Wedge Roofing with supplier Cal Roofing Supply for Hotel Healdsburg (WINNER – Elastomeric Roof Coatings)
- West Roofing Systems, Inc. and supplier Progressive Materials for New Covert Generating – Pumphouse Wall Coating (Runner up – Elastomeric Roof Coatings)
SPFA also awarded two grand prizes this year, each for $5,000. West Roofing Systems and Midwest Spray Foam Insulation were both drawn from a hat of all of this year’s winners and will each receive a local digital marketing package worth $5,000.
“We want to congratulate all of our winners,” says Rick Duncan, executive director of the SPFA. “Each of these contractors have done an incredible job demonstrating what can be achieved with spray foam and elastomeric coatings.”
The annual awards are an integral part of SprayFoam 2023 Convention & Expo, the nation’s largest annual event dedicated to spray polyurethane foam. This year’s event features: a keynote with digital marketing expert and author Marcus Sheridan; nearly 50 educational sessions; an exhibits hall featuring the latest and greatest products, equipment and services; SPFA Professional Certification Programs and Exams; an annual Golf Tournament; VIP events; an entertainment-filled Closing Reception; and much more. Attendees represent the complete Spray Polyurethane Foam industry and value chain, as well as the general public.
Huntsman Building Solutions is Platinum Sponsor of the 2023 event. Additional event sponsors and partners include: Gold Sponsors Honeywell, Thermoseal, SES Polyurethane Systems, Accufoam, Gaco, General Coatings, Universal Polymers Corporation and Victory Polymers; Silver Sponsors Carlisle Construction Materials and NCFI; Bronze Sponsors BASF, Handcrafted Hose Company, SWD Urethane and Natural Polymers; NIE Award Sponsors Arkema and Evonik; Premier Media Sponsors Sprayfoam Professional, Roofing Contractor, Walls & Ceilings and Sprayfoam Magazine; Media Sponsors CoatingsPro and Roofing magazines; and Industry Partners NRCA, International Roofing Expo and Spray Foam World Wide.
About Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA)
Founded in 1987, the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA) is the voice, and educational and technical resource for the spray polyurethane foam industry. The Alliance is a 501(c)6 trade association comprised of contractors, manufacturers, and distributors of polyurethane foam, related equipment, and protective coatings, inspections, surface preparations, and other services. The organization supports the best practices and the growth of the industry through a number of core initiatives, including educational programs and events; the SPFA ISO-17024 Professional Certification Program providing professionals with the tools to differentiate themselves from competition and a reference for customers looking to hire qualified contractor services; technical services covering publication of literature and guidelines, safety materials, and representation of the industry with various construction code bodies; federal and state advocacy; industry promotion efforts including an annual convention and expo drawing 1,600 SPF professionals, publication of Sprayfoam Professional Magazine; and research and networking opportunities for members.
All images are courtesy of SPFA
From left to right:
Winner_SPF Specialty Applications_Hawkins Chemical_Midwest Spray Foam Insulation
Winner_Concrete Lifting_Port of Whittier Dolphin Cell Repair_Polyseal Insulation
Winner_Commercial Enclosure SPF_Fort Yukon LRRS Barracks_Polyseal Insulation
From left to right:
Winner_Roof SPF < 40000sf_Napa County Vineyard_Wedge Roofing
Winner_Roof SPF > 40000sf_Sharpsville Container_West Roofing Systems
Winner_Elastomeric Roof Coatings_Hotel Healdsburg_Wedge Roofing
From left to right:
Runner Up_Roof SPF < 40000sf_Bay Area Luxury Apartments_Central Coating Company
Runner Up_Roof > 40000sf_Southgate Shop_Construction & Commercial Roofing
From left to right:
Runner Up_Commercial Enclosure SPF_Fort S ... Post Flats Phase 1_Homeco Insulation
Runner Up_Residential Enclosure SPF_Tibbot House_Spray All
Runner Up_Elastomeric Roof Coatings_New e Wall Coating_West Roofing Systems
For use by SprayFoamMagazine.com & Spray Foam Magazine
Disqus website name not provided.