Gaco Western Adds IFTI’s DC315 to ICC-ESR 2478
IRVINE, CA–July 22, 2013–Gaco Western amended its ICC-ESR 2478, adding IFTI's DC315 as an option for ignition and thermal barrier solutions over GacoGreen 052 & 052N open-cell spray foams. The report states that DC315, when applied at 4 wet mils (an amazing 400 square feet per gallon), meets the requirements of an alternative ignition barrier. The report goes on to state that DC315 when applied at 20 wets mils (80 square feet per gallon), the assembly meets the requirements of the alternative thermal barrier.
"Gaco Western has been a great partner with IFTI," states Gary Wolfe, Executive Vice President of IFTI. "We have passed certified testing for alternative thermal barriers over Gaco 183M 2.0 lb. CC at 20 wet mils, Firestop 5500 0.5lb. CC at 22 wet mils, and of course GacoGreen 052 & 052N at 20 wet mils.
"Any coating company can tell you their coating will work on the foam brand you spray, but it is another thing to prove it with testing, a critical requirement for alternative ignition and thermal barrier solutions. If you are not using DC315 you may not be complying with the codes!"
IFTI's goal is to prove via testing and documentation that DC315 is the best code-compliant solution for alternative thermal barrier and ignition barrier use in the industry. IFTI leads the industry with its catalog of over 62 full-scale tests on both open-cell and closed-cell spray foam with 19 major SPF manufactures. To see copies of these tests and ICC ES Reports please use the link provided below.
DC315 thermal barrier testing meets the applicable requirements of 2006 IBC Section 803.2.1, 2009 IBC Section 803.1.2/Section 2603.9, 2012 IBC Section 803.2.1 and Section 2603.10 Special Approvals for Thermal Barrier Alternatives. DC315 ignition barrier testing meets the requirement as an ignition barrier per AC 377, Appendix X.
- Single-coat, water based latex paint that offers superior proven and tested fire protection over SPF.
- One-coat application reduces expensive labor costs
- Meets Life Safety code
- Meets LEED's point requirements
- Complies with the requirements of NSF/ANS1 51 Incidental Food Contact, USDA approved for ceiling
- Passed strict EPA VOC and AMQD tests, meeting emission requirements for all 50 states
- Passed CAL 1350 Certificate of Compliance –safe for use in schools and high occupancy buildings–as defined in the CA DHS Standard Practice as a low emitting
- Applies like regular latex paint using an airless sprayer–single-component product
- Water based DC315 offers easy cleanup of job site and equipment
About International Fireproof Technology, Inc.: IFTI manufactures state-of-the-art intumescent fire retardants and thermal barrier coatings. Designed and tested for the global market, IFTI's products are widely used in hospitals, restaurants, nursing facilities, commercial buildings, and residential homes. IFTI's products, including DC315, fall under the Paint to Protect brand, and have been developed to provide superior cost-effective fire protection over spray polyurethane foam. for more information, please use the contact details and links provided below.
Name: Gary Wolfe
Email: Email Us
Phone No: 855-253-7565
Disqus website name not provided.