Q&A Forums

Spraying Fingers Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Yvan Richard
Posted: Jun 01, 2010 11:12 PM
Spraying Fingers
I have a brand new tip and I am getting fingers. I have taken the tip out to clean while spraying and it works ok for a while then back to fingers.
I like to spray with very low pressure around 700-850 psi? Could my pressure be too low? The low pressure normally allows me better control for a better looking job.
quentin
Posted: Jun 02, 2010 11:07 AM
You may need to drop your heat too and up the pressures a bit. The foam is setting up too fast in the tip it sounds like. Also remember to drill it out constantly when you see it starting to happen.
mason
Posted: Jun 02, 2010 11:46 AM
I would strongly caution against spraying with low pressures. You need to have sufficient pressure to mix the foam properly. Using low pressure can cause a whole host of problems that are not visually apparent, such as insufficient closed cell content, (60-70% instead of 90%, poor cell structure, poor dimensional stability (leading to shrinking foam, incomplete mix of chemicals causing odor problems and more.

In order to control the foam better, just use a smaller mixing module and PCD or mixing chamber.

If you have a Fusion gun, try using an oval shaped pattern, It is easier to control in stud wall cavities.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.