Q&A Forums

good priced foam Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jul 06, 2009 04:16 PM
good priced foam
We are a company located in kentucky looking for decent priced foam. Who has the best price on open and closed cell foam.
Posted: Jul 06, 2009 04:28 PM
If you have the credit and use a decent amount go direct.

If not, try Chemical Design in Logansville, Ga. Ask for Tonya or Jessica at 770-554-2401.

Steve
www.alphaonespf.com
JR Burnett
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 11:23 AM
I offer several brands at very competive pricing...contact JR @ 706-818-1942
Scott James
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 10:16 PM
SPI offers Bayer Foam @ VERY competetive prices call Scott @ 469.371.0606
Eric Sparks
Posted: Aug 29, 2009 06:39 PM
what are you calling good priced foam and someone please explain to me why our material is so expensive?
Michael Fusco
Posted: Aug 29, 2009 09:04 PM
Call scott at 254-246-1808 for USSC high bio-content foams
Posted: Aug 30, 2009 06:01 AM
rico sparky,,,lol
Eric Sparks
Posted: Aug 31, 2009 12:12 AM
Rico as in Rico act, I believe that. Can someone tell me what the % is that material has raised in the past 15 yrs and better yet why? Seriously isn't this price fixing?
Eric Sparks
Posted: Aug 31, 2009 12:31 AM
I forgot to ask have any of you considered a group buy?
chad harris
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 09:03 PM
I have a friend who works for a large foam manufacturer and he told me that a big reason for foam going way up that past couple of years was actually the fuel surcharges they were having to pay go get the raw materials delivered to the plants, kind of makes sense, but I don't. I do know the price of fuel has gone down, but not the price of foam?
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 03, 2009 09:43 AM
Foam jumped 40-60% in cost from 2004 to 2006. In some cases maybe more.
I paid 1.20 a pound at Foam Enterprise on 8-3-04.

Go gettum,

oG
Eric Sparks
Posted: Nov 27, 2009 03:52 PM
Olger why do you think the price increased so rappidly and why? Did you eat the loss in profit or did you pass it along and if you did pass it on, how did you pass it along? sorry for so many questions i just want to learn as much as i can.
thanks sparky
Eric Sparks
Olger why do you think the price increased so rappidly and why? Did you eat the loss in profit or did you pass it along and if you did pass it on, how did you pass it along? sorry for so many questions i just want to learn as much as i can.
thanks sparky
Eric Sparks
sorry for the repost
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 29, 2009 02:51 PM
Sparky-
There were a couple factors involved in the alarming increase in foam costs.

1) The EPA created (or at least allowed) a monopoly with the 245fa blowing agent. We had 5-suppliers of 141b in the industry, and only one company came up with a viable substitute (Honeywell). They upped the price of blowing agent significantly.

2) There was a nationwide (and global) ISO shortage in late 2004. This drove the price of a set of foam through the roof and it never came back down when ISo became more plentiful.

3) There was a huge spike in crude oil costs in 2008 that triggered 3-additional price increases. Foam has deflated slightly this year due to lower crude costs and the overall recession.

In summary, being a foam salesman was not a pleasant task in 2004-2008 (especially in 2005). Hopefully prices will stay controllable over the next five years. We could use a period of stability in this industry.

One good thing that came out of the trials that we have experienced is innovation. We need innovators to keep pushing the envelope on new formulas and blowing agents.

warm regards,

oG
Terrance Harris
Posted: Nov 30, 2009 11:17 PM
Being a foam salesman was not a pleasant task in 2004-2008. I agree. They have a really tough job. Never met one that ever sprayed a kit of foam or any coating. Most of them don't answer the phone till it's convient for them. Usually they can't answer any technical questions and refer you to the tech dude in R&D. If you ask for pricing, they want to what you are paying to their compeitor. Then they want to know if they can have your business if they "match" their compeitors price. Never any follow up on how their material worked out. Got material problems on a job and need to finish to keep customer happy and get paid or invoice the job? Salesman is in Timbuktu. When he does show up in your city and calls he has no interest in coming out to you job. He wants to meet and buy your lunch when you are busy as hell. And no I'm not new to this business and no I'm not a small buyer.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Dec 02, 2009 09:45 AM
In defense of salesmen, I must say that ours have been real accomodating over the years. Barry Culp, Larry Faith etc. were top of the line people.

have fun,
Arville Brown
Posted: Dec 03, 2009 06:05 PM
Barry culp is my salesman no complaint here i've dealt with a few from other companies they want to sell you product with no service if you got no service you not got much NCFI all the way.
Alan Fagerstrom
Posted: Jan 22, 2010 03:33 PM
At some point in time you will need service support. Forget about the price and find an organization that give to help when you need it. To many foam companies are run by chemist who lack marketing & service skills. And when they do hire marketing personnel there wings are clipped so much that you still do not get the needed help. And before you get to involved with foam make sure your not "iso" sensitive and know what you need to know if you foam for someone who is iso sensitive. Manufacturers downplay this and pretend it does not exsist.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.