Q&A Forums

Walk in freezer Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
quentin
Posted: Jul 03, 2009 12:28 PM
Walk in freezer
OK, I am bidding a job on insulating an older walk in freezer at a grocery store near me. I would be spraying closed cell on the outside of it with it having a single purpose metal addition around it that the only access is a door on the outside. It is used for nothing else, has none of the equipment in it that would be accesses for maintnance or repair. I think it still would require an ignition or thermal barrier since it CAN be accessed though it isn't except maybe once a decade per the owner. He isn't sure and it could mean the difference between getting the job or not.

So can it go without the ignition barrier ot not?
mason
Posted: Jul 03, 2009 03:00 PM
Yep,

As long as the freezer is inside the main building it requires a thermal barrier on the foam. We used to do a lot of those type of freezers within the main structure
quentin
Posted: Jul 04, 2009 01:03 AM
That is kinda the issue since the freezer was obviously added after it was built and the metal shed added after around the freezer to protect it when that was added. Basicly the building is block with the freezer in the back wall sticking out behind the main building and then a metal shed added to the main building to cover the freezer with the only opening being a door to the shed part.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.