Q&A Forums

cleaning iso Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jul 06, 2009 04:20 PM
cleaning iso
Can u clean out your iso side with hot antifreeze sombody told me it works well but scared to try it. Has anyone else tried that.
Posted: Jul 06, 2009 07:53 PM
I use antifreeze about once a month to clean all of my parts on my fusion ap's (4 of them). I never use the same antifreeze twice (makes it extremely difficult to remove ISO the second time around)

It only works when I get the antifreeze rolling on a good boil.

This leads me to believe that this could potentially be very dangerous on another type of application.

Not quite sure if you could run it through your pre-heaters and if so if it would get hot enough to do the trick.

Let me know what you come up with and how it works out for you.

Steve
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jul 07, 2009 03:49 PM
I have to say I have heard of this working, with boiling method, I would definately recommend wearing a respirator if your going to try this and do it outside if possible.
Dennis Davidson
Posted: Jul 07, 2009 08:14 PM
Why are you cleaning your iso side out?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jul 07, 2009 09:08 PM
How are you disposing of the used antifreeze?
Jayson Calhoun
Posted: Jul 09, 2009 11:03 PM
The antifreeze thing definately works in a cajun cooker, or something to that effect, but if you have time to let it soak for a while, get you some Dynasolv. If you cant find it anywhere call me at 318-450-0335 and I can get you some.
Thanks,
Jayson Calhoun
clint moore
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 11:06 AM
Why are you trying to flush out your system? Are you putting it up for storage?
You can follow the same procedure as to winterize your unit.
If you are wanting to clean the heater rods I suggest remove and repair.
But there again why are you wanting to do this?
JR Burnett
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 11:19 AM
if you are trying to clear a completly plugged iso hose, the antifreeze probibly wont work
clint moore
Posted: Jul 10, 2009 11:25 AM
Boiling antifreeze does work great for removing hardened ISO but, It is also dangerous because of the fumes it exhaust.
Should be done in a well ventilated area, outside is best.
For this reason you should not try to run it through your system preheaters or hoses. The gases exhausted from the antifreeze could possibly cause damage.
P.S. Don't let OSHA or the DEA catch you boiling antifreeze.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.