Q&A Forums

Air and Fluid Plumbing Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Mar 11, 2007 12:07 AM
Air and Fluid Plumbing
Anyone have hard plumbed air and fluid lines? Tired of tripping over the rubber fluid and air hoses. I was wondering if anyone here has copper or pipe (black iron or galvanized) lines in their trailers? Seems they would be more reliable but I am concerned about the stress of having rigid lines in the trailer bouncing down the road. Opinions?

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Posted: Mar 11, 2007 06:45 AM
yes,,,
air is 1" copper
fluids thru 1" black pipe with hose whip to attach to xfer pumps and proportioner
all electric in conduit
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 12:55 PM
Air is .75" copper.

Fluid is 1" galv.

olger
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 02:41 PM
Do you have them plumbed right into the proportioner with the rigid pipe, or do you have a short whip hose from the proportioner to the pipe?

Thanks, Tim
Circle-D
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 08:59 PM
Tim, Being a pipefitter/welder for 23 years would lead me to say install a flexible connection between the proportioner and the hard pipe to absorb any road vibration with out putting a strain on the equipment. Flex hoses will also need to go to and from the transfer pumps. I would also put quick disconnects on the transfer pump for fast and easy hose removal when needed. I am planning to hard pipe my trailer when it arrives in early April.
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 09:12 PM
Thanks Guys,

I hadn't thought of the qd's (quick disconnects) for the fluid lines. I can't imagine needing them, but I suppose they might be useful. I always see leaks on hydraulic lines of heavy equipment so I have viewed them as a weak link. I have the qd's on the air hoses for the transfer pumps and they have been quite useful.

I think the hard pipe is the way to go to get the plumbing up and out of the way. My processing room looks like a pile of spaghetti with all the red rubber hoses tangled up in front of the proportioner.

Tim
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 10:04 PM
I wouldn't put any quick disconnects on the Fluid lines, you are asking for trouble with the ISO.

George
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 10:04 AM
Our old rig had black pipe. The resin caused a LOT of rusting inside the pipe interior.

That's why we used galvanized on subsequent rigs.

`G
philip mullins
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 06:58 PM
why not pvc?
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 07:14 PM
Standard schedule 40 PVC is not rated for high pressure fluid or air. And can be brittle in the cold.

Tim

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.