Q&A Forums

wierd problem yesterday, any ideas??? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Craig Maturi
Posted: Feb 29, 2008 06:40 PM
wierd problem yesterday, any ideas???
yesterday we were spraying a new construction home. outside temp 30degrees, inside temp 60, substrate about 45, barrel temp 60, hose 113, A=112, B=110, pressure 1050psi, (closed cell "HEATLOK" 2lb). well we got done spraying the ceiling deck with no trouble and moved to the walls, we were half way done and the gun starting to spray out what looked like shaving cream in a stream spray. it would do that for a few minutes and go away back to a perfect spray pattern for about 15 minutes and then do it again. it did this for the remainder of the job. it like it was reacting instantly right out of the tip when it was doing it. any ideas about what is going on?????
Michael Flander
Posted: Mar 04, 2008 11:42 AM
What were the pressure guages doing during this? Were they staying even or was one side dropping?
robert quesnette
Posted: Mar 04, 2008 07:56 PM
Did you contact your local DEMILEC rep?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 05, 2008 06:45 AM
Why don't you offer him some advice?
David Swatkowski
Posted: Mar 05, 2008 07:32 AM
What equipment are you using? Sometimes the blowing agent(245fa)gets traped on either the top or bottom of the stroke. I have also seen this happen when the drums have partially froze and then thawed.just some thoughts.
robert quesnette
Posted: Mar 05, 2008 08:31 AM
Sounds like a stuck TSU in the hose. Sometime they stick and overheat the material.
Craig Maturi
Posted: Mar 05, 2008 11:24 PM
i was using a E20 and my presser was staying even. i think that i might of overheated my resin in my hose during a short break. but it was eratic and would come and go.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.