Q&A Forums

Trouble with E-10 Reactor Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Joseph Harrison
Posted: Nov 14, 2006 11:04 PM
Trouble with E-10 Reactor
I spray foam with an E-20, but also just began spraying polyurea coatings for bedliners in my shop with an E-10 which works great... just until lately i've been having a serious problem i can't quite put my finger on. I know it has something to do with the A side and i'm fearing some of the chemical is hardening somewhere and causing me some blockage. I circ all material out of the machine when finished and add R-O hydraulic oil to material containers and then recirc through before i allow the machine to sit, but now i can't even get the A side to recirculate at all.... Frustrated!
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 16, 2006 08:40 AM
Blockage somewhere. Call Graco and ask their advice. Might be a hose or a valve plugged.
Posted: Feb 01, 2007 10:16 PM
did you eb=ver find the problem? I fixed mine - had the same problems.
Michael Flander
Posted: Feb 02, 2007 04:57 PM
9 times out of 10 on an E-10 this problem will come from the foot valve on the displacement pump. You can disassemble the foot valve and clean out using your available chemicals or a product like brake clean or carb clean. Make sure there are no particles on the ball itself and that the seat is completely free of debris.

If the machine was clogged, you would not be able to recirc at all because the clogged side would immediately start building pressure which would shut down the machine.

Hope this helps
Mike Flander
www.Endisys.com
763-428-5075
mikeflander@endisys.com
Posted: Feb 04, 2007 09:25 PM
1st check the strainer. Mine was plugged. I now use my own strainer screens after Graco wanted over 30.00 for theirs. If its clear, disconnect the line after the pump and turn it on. If it pumps to there, disconnect the hose and tube line and see of you can blow through it. I replaced mine due to the flow starting to become restricted. I eventually had to rebuild my pump and I replaced all the fittings due to so much buildup.

When I use the rig now, my normal MO is to pull both strainers and rinse them out. Open the ball valve and stick you finger in the hole with the pump running. (wear gloves and have only 1 gallon of fluid in. If the pump is getting a proper seal, the suction will start to pull your glove off your finger. I have had a clog were I had to run a coat hanger down the hole to push a piece of foam through.

If none off that works then it is the ball check assembly in the pump stuck in the closed position.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.