Q&A Forums

Spraying Up Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jan 04, 2009 06:31 PM
Spraying Up
Hi Mason

I really don't spray undercarriages and am usually spraying straight down on roofing jobs. I did an undercarriage this past week and had difficulties with my foam cure time.

I was spraying my A side at 130 and B side at 140 with the hose split between using 2 Pound CC. Once the foam would hit, it would start to leak down before fully curring.

I eventually worked my temperature up to 140 and 150 with the hose in the middle and actually sprayed fine, but I kept on having side seal cross over issues with multiple fusion guns.

Outside temperature was around 65 Degrees.

Does warmer temperatures cause the sideseals to crossover quicker?

What can I do differently to keep that material from bleeding down?
mason
Posted: Jan 05, 2009 07:52 AM
Yes, the hotter temperatures will cause the foam to stick to the slide seals. Talk to your supplier, they probably have a slightly faster foam that will work for you. Most suppliers have foams with rise and set times that vary depending on the season and the application. When spraying overhead a rise and set time of 3-5 seconds usually works well.
mason
Posted: Jan 05, 2009 07:55 AM
Also, you may need to install thinner lifts. Try 1 to 1.5 inch thick lifts and see if it helps.
Posted: Jan 05, 2009 05:55 PM
I backed off the temperature today with 1 inch lifts and that seems to work fine.

I guess that I am use to 3 pound on roofing and it is going to be difficult to get that same effect spraying up on the undercarriage of the house.

Thanks,

Steve

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.