Q&A Forums

sanity check - closed foam for enclosed trailer Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Skip Duplissey
Posted: Dec 21, 2011 04:42 PM
sanity check - closed foam for enclosed trailer
I Have a 24' enclosed car trailer (8' wide and 7' tall walls). I have completely striped the entire inside walls & ceiling (just bare studs). Located in TX.
With me bringing my trailer to the sprayer and doing any required clean-up/scraping, etc...
Can anyone tell me what is a fair price (or range of prices) for spraying closed cell (Demilec Heatloc Soy) with 1" on walls and 2" on the ceiling (nothing on floor)?

Greatly appreciate any feedback!

- Skip
Brian Bothun
Posted: Dec 23, 2011 11:25 AM
Anything less then a grand and your getting a deal
Skip Duplissey
Posted: Dec 23, 2011 12:15 PM
Thank you. Very helpful.

Anyone have thoughts on spraying the underside of the floor? Worth it?
John Shockney
Posted: Dec 23, 2011 06:02 PM
I sure would spray the underside of the floor, we are putting a heated floor in our new spray foam trailer and our old trailer floor is insulated as well as the walls and ceiling.There is just as much heat loss out the floor as the roof of the trailer because it is the same square footage, but the ¾ plywood is about R-2.

Around a dollar per board foot on a small job plus prep and cleanup.

Airpro
Skip Duplissey
Posted: Dec 24, 2011 08:54 AM
Good deal. I'll plan on the floor as well.

Another question I thought of... The roof is (thin) galvanized steel and walls are aluminum. Should I wiped these down to clean any oil, etc? Maybe with naptha or acetone?

With especially the roof, it's so thin and flexible, I want to make sure it sticks well and isn't able to shake itself off.

Thanks again all for the help.

- Skip
Daniel X
Posted: Dec 26, 2011 08:15 PM
I've seen really poor adhesion on some cube van roofs before, I would prep it with some degreaser if it was my trailer.
Skip Duplissey
Posted: Dec 26, 2011 08:55 PM
Thanks!
What's the best way to clean/degrease?
Jesse Michalski
Posted: Sep 11, 2013 10:18 PM
I like to wipe down metal projects with denatured alcohol and clean white cloth towels, like t-shirt cloth. The denatured alcohol seems to do a nice job, and evaporates quickly, and the odor is tolerable. Of course, there are hundreds of products available, but try that. Get a gallon or two at a box store.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.