Q&A Forums

RESIN GAUGE HIGHER Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: May 11, 2006 07:14 AM
RESIN GAUGE HIGHER
HAD ISO @ 1200, RESIN WAS 1300. SPRAYED O.K. TURNED UP THE PRESSURE. ISO GAUGE NEVER MOVED. RESIN GAUGE MOVED TO 1500. I WAS NEAR THE END & SHUT IT DOWN. BLED THE LINES DOWN TO 400-500. BOTH GAUGES ARE NOW ABOUT THE SAME. ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON?
Trey Gibson
Posted: May 11, 2006 08:50 AM
We have had to replace 4 Iso gauges over the last year. It has gotten to the point where we can't really trust the gauges and go by the foam. It is easy to tell if it is iso or resin rich. If they became off pressure, it happened for one reason or another. A lot of the time you can just bleed the high one to even them out and go on with out problems. You can always check your inline filters from the pumps to make sure they are not clogged.
Posted: May 11, 2006 07:29 PM
iso screen is clean as a whistle. checked this before i sprayed. will check resin filter and report back. did your iso gauge just plain quit? no movement? or would it not go past a set point like mine @ 1200?
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: May 11, 2006 11:53 PM
You might make sure the whip hoses are clean. They can gather iSO particles sometimes at the fitting where it bottlenecks down to .250 orfice. 1200 to 1300 is an acceptable pressure variation. Might also check gauges.

Have fun,

gcw
Posted: May 14, 2006 06:47 AM
some proportioners will run with a "slight variance" in pressures...this maybe normal for your machine...
some casual observations that have shifted pressures in my setup in the past...
colder ambient temps...resin gets more viscous...
gun that was greased....grease gumbies in the fluid chambers/orifices...
Posted: May 14, 2006 06:02 PM
checked the resin filter (fine wire mesh) 80% plugged. looked like semi melted plastic food wrap.(saran wrap) blasted it out with garden hose nozzle. dried it out with hair dryer. there should be no restriction there now. what is the cause of the thin slices of resin that i found? old resin?
Posted: May 20, 2006 07:28 AM
sounds like a contaminate to me...(duh,,mr obvious)
you need to save the pieces and send em to your vendor and get his evaluation...he needs to know there is contaminate in his resin...
it should not be there...
if you dont get a good/reasonable explanation try another vendor with clean product...
the equipment is too expensive to be "cheesed up" by "bad" material.

?did you see any of this in your gun screens?
(ie: did it get past the Ystrainer?)
Posted: May 20, 2006 04:27 PM
there was some in the resin screen @ the gun. but not much. iso was very clean. (this was built by corbond and they have a jumbo filter right on the wall above the iso) gap gun getting a good cleaning as we speak. soaking in gun cleaner. this was used rig. 15-20 sets run thru before i bought it. i ran another set thru it and checked the y screen again. clean. no junk at all. i am a new foamer trying to head off problems before they happen.appreciate your feedback.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: May 21, 2006 08:59 PM
Who knows what could have fallen into the drums as they were opened and changed. Some new applicators might not use common sense and make sure that junk on the top of the drums doesn't fall into the drums. I know one guy that was having trouble with a drum pump only to take it apart and find a latex glove in it. Are your gauges even now?

George
Posted: May 21, 2006 09:14 PM
resin is 50-100 reading higher. resin seems to run slightly higher, but have good spray pattern and good foam now. (01 tip) if i run the pressure up both gauges go up the same amount. i get the feeling that not every rig out there has the same exact readings on both iso & resin gauge. just need to have a steady hand spraying. trying to get smooth results instead of lumpy.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jun 09, 2006 08:41 PM
50 psi is not worth worrying about. Raise your resin heater 10° and see if that helps.

gcw

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.