Q&A Forums

Pumping from two sets Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Jim Materkowski
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 02:59 PM
Pumping from two sets
How could I piggy back 2 sets together without buying new transfer pumps? It takes to long to change pumps, etc. after every set.
Any ideas?
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 08:13 PM
Thats interesting, not sure how you would do that, so I am anxious to hear responses. I do know guys that use stick pumps will buy extra bung adapters, that way you unclamp move and reclamp.
josh degraauw
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 09:16 AM
in europe we use what they call ibc sets, they hold a 1000 ltr (200something gallon) each...

you can move them around with palletl;ift

josh
Steve Shaw
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 03:44 PM
You could eliminate your stick pumps altogether if you wanted to. We use our own pressure vessle system and can hook up to 9 sets and never have to stop untill the last set is empty. Much cleaner no drum pumps to maintain and if you are certified to spray our Supergreen foam then it gets shipped to you in the pressure vessle. So you don't have any empty drums to deal with.
Steve Shaw
clint moore
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 03:48 PM
Wall mount your pumps,eliminate the pick up tube and run hp hose to a tee,connect shut off valve on each side of tee.So you can shut off one and open the other.From the shut off valve run hp hose to an elbow connected to the pick up tube(create a stinger like for coatings).You will have to purchase an extra pick up tube for the extra set.Just an idea.
philip mullins
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 11:33 PM
put an air conditioner in ur rig. then you wont mind that minute or two that it takes to switch sets as much,lol.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Jul 26, 2008 09:57 AM
Steve - is this some sort of pressurized tote? Got pics?
Jim Materkowski
Posted: Jul 27, 2008 07:03 PM
I agree. I would like to see what this pressurized tote is all about.
With competition all around, its not about the heat, its abous saving every second of time, making things more efficient.
Thanks for the ideas!
Steve Shaw
Posted: Aug 03, 2008 10:10 AM
The pressure vessel system grew from FOAM-TECH roots of closed cell injection foam. 26 years ago the owner hsd to build his equipment. The pressure vessels were originally used propane tanks. This worked but presented problems. It has since grow to be a special made tank sytem just for our use. We have decide to start selling and marketing our SUPERGREENIII sprayfoam, and our SUPERGREEN injection foam. I am working with a manufacturer to develope a half pound system for the SUPERGREEN family. The differences with the SUPERGREEN family of foam is not what you would think. Our Foams are not better than all the rest but the service and experience behinf this service is what sets us apart. The pressure vessle system is just one small part of this service. The current pressure vessles are DOT rated so they can be transported. They eliminate the use of drums, and drum pumps. They can be "Daisy Chained" together to provide a continuous supply of material to the proportioner. Blowing agent loss is eliminated, this makes the density of the material being sprayed much more consistent. You have the ability of switching foam systems on the fly without chemical loss. If you want pictures and more details contact me at sshaw@foam-tech.com I will send pictures and pricing information on our system.

Steve Shaw

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.