Q&A Forums

preheating barrels for 1.7lb?????? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Craig Maturi
Posted: Mar 24, 2007 10:46 PM
preheating barrels for 1.7lb??????
i am instructed by manufacturer not to recirc there 1.7lb. ok, now what temp do i want my barrels at to start spraying. i will run my hoses at about 120 degrees. i do have band heaters also but i am scared about boiling my resin, it boils at about 85.?? thank you
Posted: Mar 25, 2007 09:10 AM
If you need 120, then you should heat your barrels to about 70* (considering Delta T of E-20 is about 50*). Why not just heat that part of your trailer where the materials are with an electric heater to about 70* It will take a while for the barrels to warm up but once warm they will stay warm with the heat on.

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Posted: Mar 28, 2007 10:08 PM
yo pro.,,,
we heat the drums,,,
we do not cook the drums
when the temp is consistent below 45 degrees or so we put on the band heaters first thing in the morning...
we heat on high for about 1/2 hour when it is dog-assed cold (and the drums are full)...then reduce to low heat...we use low heat most of the time or any time a partial drum (warm to touch)
when we are 1/2 drum of resin the heater goes off and on to the next drum to preheat...( i switch the iso too at that time,,imagine that !)

this stuff will "boil over" if you recirc to long..
recirc long enough to get the cold fluid out of the hose,,,the hose heat maintains heat,,it dont make it...the proportioner heaters make heat quite well,,,
learn how many strokes of the xfer pumps it takes to clear the hose of the old fluid,,turn off the recirc at this point,,,dump 115 degree heated resin thru a small port back into a full drum and you could get a "rootbeer/resin float"...
foam not good in this case...hee hee

foam-it!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.