Q&A Forums

Indoor inground pool Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Timothy Sonney
Posted: Mar 26, 2007 08:33 PM
Indoor inground pool
I have a potential customer that has a 27,000 gallon in ground pool that is indoors. The previous owner of the home did some pretty shabby construction when enclosing the pool. The customers is seeking information regarding what is the best insulation to use for this type of structure due to the amount of humidity and condensation that they have. Currently they have no insulation at all...they commented that they could watch the snow melt off the roof this winter. The exterior walls are 2x4 with vinyl siding inside and out.... it looks like they have OSB behind the siding. The interior walls have a stone facade about 1/2 way up the wall then it is vinyl the rest of the way. The ceiling is 2x6 vaulted truss covered again with vinyl siding on the inside.

The building/room is heated with baseboard hot water heat. 225,000 btu boiler and they also have an additional 200,000 btu heater dedicated to heat the pool water. Currently they can never get the room any warmer that the water of the pool no matter how long they run the boiler. The building/room is 30x60 with 12' ceiling at the top of the vault.

Any one with any experience with this type of structure please let me know how you handled it or if you know of any place I could obtain information.

Thanks
philip mullins
Posted: Mar 27, 2007 11:36 AM
is the osb on the inside or outside of the studs? prob on the outside. if so, you can remove and reuse the vynil if your carefull. i would make sure that the color is still available first. just in case you tear some up. and you prob will! siding manufacturers are real good about discontinuing colors every few years so that peeps will have to redo entire building when all they need is a small repair. gotta love 'em. if the color is not available, ask the customer how they feel about a white roof. if they like then you can use pieces you need from the old roof and put on a new roof. still cheaper than all new vynil. as a pool contractor i can tell you that a half inch of cc on that pool will cut the heating bill by leaps and bounds! an easy job if it is a vynil lined pool. if it is gunnite or shotcrete it is still easy for you but will have to be resurfaced. about 6-8 grand for a pool that size. shoot me a line and i will give you a call if you have any questions... info@deckandfence.net

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.