Q&A Forums

More what if questions Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Sep 05, 2007 11:14 PM
More what if questions
For you guys that have been doing this for a while, how much does the economy effect your business? How was business after 911? Do you believe the current housing issue will effect your business? From what I am hearing, jumbo loans ($417k and up) are getting more expensive. Has anyone here been in this business during a recession? Some say we're headed into one right now.

I'm just curious. I've been contemplating this business for a while now. It's taken all year to complete a project we took on and it's now time to consider getting back to business...the foam business. I started my current business when everyone else was saying don't do it. I'm still here and some of them are not. I'd just like to hear ANYTHING you guys might have to say about the timing.

Thanks again,

L
Timothy Sonney
Posted: Sep 06, 2007 12:43 AM
The economy hasn't put a large impact on our business, the current energy price has. It has increased our business.

If you visit one of your local Big Box (lowes/home depot) on a weekend their parking lots are packed with people buying sh*t for their homes. We do a TON of remodel projects. Everytime we have to go to one of the big box stores we take our truck with trailer in tow, and every time we have at least 1 potential customer asking questions.

The economy has reduced our new home construction jobs, but the remodels picked up where they left off. Its always happier to work with the end user, and we get more referalls from that type of work.

Do an attic for the people at 100 Main Street, then we get the couple at 102 Main Street and so on.... They all way to be like the Jones's
Huey Reed
Posted: Sep 29, 2007 01:55 PM
Famous Amos the cookie mogul once said, "the best time to start a business is right now". And he is right, there is never a perfect time, it's just a big crap shoot anywho!!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.