Q&A Forums

I'm looking to upgrade from an E-20 to an H-25! Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Mark Mouton
Posted: May 28, 2012 08:29 AM
I'm looking to upgrade from an E-20 to an H-25!
Has anyone made this change and how do you feel about it? We do homes and metal buildings.
jeff henderson
Posted: May 28, 2012 11:12 AM
I did that upgrade but other than the increased ease of use, greater reliability, increased output, better end product, longer life cycle, increased profits, and an increased sense of overall manliness, there really wasn't much note-worthy.
Mark Mouton
Posted: May 29, 2012 09:46 AM
Will the H-25 handle a no.3 tip (6060)?
steven argus
Posted: May 29, 2012 02:11 PM
Do it, you'll like it. Call SFDONE.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: May 29, 2012 02:45 PM
Yes, it will handle a 6060.

George
Tyler Boehs
Posted: Jun 04, 2012 06:56 PM
DO IT!!! We went from an E20 - H40 and have never regretted it. We spray 3 lb. roof foam with a 7070 no sweat. I think the H25 will handle the 6060. There is no comparison from an E machine to an H if you ask me. I have sprayed with E20, E30, H25, H40.
Mark Mouton
Posted: Jun 12, 2012 10:11 PM
Got a NEW H-25 setting on the shop floor!!! Waiting on NEW NexGen 35-35. Should be here 06/20/12. Also NEW refrigerated air dryer.
The E-20 has been a good little machine but time to move up. Gonna pickle it.
I've been an insulation contractor for 20+ years, spraying foam for 3+ years.
I have blown many 18 wheeler loads of cellulose, quite a few loads of Rockwool, and several fiberglass.Foam out-performs each, but foam is not for everybody. Have 3 or 4 attics to install blown insulation tomorrow and 3 or 4 the next day. Then go back to foaming friday and all next week. 2 of the foam jobs are existing homes making unvented attics. Leaving existing attic insulation and cutting 6'' hole in supply plenum to control moisture and be sure it has a place to return.
steven argus
Posted: Jun 13, 2012 11:31 AM
bj jr, glad to hear you've upgraded, you won't be dissapointed. I would suggest dumping your old equipment. It's just collecting dust.

Be careful with unvented attics as you've decribed. Certain foams still need to have an ignition barrier. Not that I agree with it, but we have to abide by the codes. Circulating air from the heating system into the now conditioned attic is a code violation. Even if you are spraying a foam that does not require an ignition barrier.

Also, cutting a "hole" in the supply line does not control moisture. To control "vapor" before it turns into "moisture" you need to ventilate at the source of the vapor. Installation of an HRV is one of the best ways to control vapor.

In another post, you mentioned you're spraying the big "I", Icynene does not have the proper paperwork/ testing to be left exposed in an attic. It is also not a voper retarder. At least not what is required by code.

sorry to be a richard...
Mark Mouton
Posted: Jun 13, 2012 12:21 PM
Guiness; I didn't mention installing an ignition barrier but I do it. Also, when I cut a hole(probably 6 or 7'' starting collar with damper) in the supply plenum, and being sure there is a return, it is conditioning the air in the attic and removing moisture. The shingles being the vapor barrier. This is cooling, not heating. Southeast Texas
We are moving the thermal envelope to the roofline and sealing it up which lowers the heat load on the house(summertime) and will have extra air as a result. So this gives a place to unload some extra air and condition the attic. I might be wrong in not removing attic insulation, but I look at it like a sound wall in between rooms. You can insulate all around a Master Bedroom for example. The attic insulation becomes sound control.
Mark Mouton
Posted: Jun 24, 2012 04:03 PM
Took out #4 wire(shore power), 7.5 H.P. piston air compressor, and E-20. Installed NexGen 35-35 3 phase,H-25, and refrigerated air. Re-plumbed, re-wired. Started Thursday a.m., sprayed a little foam Saturday p.m. Whew!!! What a Job! 24' box truck
Posted: Jul 08, 2012 02:18 PM
You guys need to try the NEW AP-2 gun that PMC just released light easy to maintain and parts are more than reasonable, call me 908-907-0348 ask for Bill
John Shockney
Posted: Jul 08, 2012 03:02 PM
I thought we were not supose to us this as a place to market products!!!

Airpro

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.