Q&A Forums

How many sets can you guys get with a perfectly round pattern? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Dakotafoamboy
Posted: Aug 02, 2016 01:09 AM
How many sets can you guys get with a perfectly round pattern?
I have been shooting foam for 7 years now and have been frustrated with mixing chambers, salesman claims and manufacturers thinking at the end of the day all your gun needs is a little shot of grease and your good for the next job. Anyways, curious as to how many of you guys shoot closed cell and how many sets you can maintain a perfectly round pattern with your gun before drilling no longer does a darn thing for it. I shoot quite a bit of foam and find myself rebuilding my guns constantly. Which is fine because orings are like 1-2 cents (not Graco), but it's frustrating. I have salesman claiming they have guys shooting 25 sets of foam though a gun down to 5 minimum. I'm lucky if I can get 2 most days without being to picky about my pattern. I have to admit, I'm pretty anal about a perfect pattern and when it gets out of round I start looking to replace the chamber if drilling isn't working its magic anymore. I've shot almost every foam available, some with horrible user friendly results some ok, a couple pretty good or so. I've got a large, efficient and well built rig with refrigerant drier. So what are your experiences?
Rodger
Posted: Aug 03, 2016 02:45 PM
If I understand correctly, you are using a Fusion AP gun?
If so, make sure that the air needle valve is open at least one full turn from close to get proper clean off air to the tip of the gun.( When pointing the gun away from you it is the one on the right)
Also, when shutting down the gun make sure to purge the excess material out of the gun before you grease it
1). set safety.
2). close the material valves.
3). release safety.
4). trigger excess material from head of gun.
5). set safety.
6). grease gun until mist out of tip.
7). shut off air.
8). put gun up.
Dakotafoamboy
Posted: Aug 23, 2016 12:12 PM
Yes Rodger, it's an AP Fusion. I'm fully aware of all that.
I just bought 2 new 4242 chambers and tried them both out last Friday with a clean gun. They both shot heavy to one side of the pattern (the lower right). I played with heat and pressures a bit and nothing, So I put my old 4242 in to finish the job and that shot just fine. The conclusion I come to it bad chambers. Anyone else have an opinion?

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.