Q&A Forums

homeowner supplied foam Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Sep 17, 2010 02:16 PM
homeowner supplied foam
Just got a call from a homeowner who is just looking for someone to install the foam for him. Says he can buy Demilac 1/2 pound foam for $ 2300, and just needs it installed. Isn't it great that suppliers will sell foam to anyone who has the money? Dow distributors are the same way. Biting the hand that feeds em.

We have been spraying NCFI mainly because of this type of thing. At least they control who buys from them.
Posted: Sep 17, 2010 05:07 PM
uh,,yep its goin on big time...
remember the post about the surgeon with
6 "barrels" of foam that he needed to have installed...
do what i did,,ask the homeowner where he got the foam,,,you know,,, ask who was the distributor who sold them the product...
call demilec and ask for the vp of sales,,or hellsbells ask for dave lal himself..lol..,accept no other,,ask for their position on this type of delivery of their material..give them the name of the supplier,,hold both entities accountable
ask about their standing with the spfa and its current track toward certification, application by "trained & qualified applicators, and about the safety issues of a private individual obtaining these raw materials....
then call the spfa,,,,you are a member arent you??even if not,,call kurt or rick and let em know what is shakeing,,,
next thing you know you will have friggin drywallers installing foam,,egad we do!!!and coverin it just as fast as they can,,,or even better yet we will have filterglass peeps touting their 1/4" skim coat as "best bang for your buck" kinda lies and bs...

raisehell,,,be heard,,,find out who does the install for this guy,,someone will,,post em up for all to see,,,to crappy with bein a nice guy,,sometimes the truth just has to be known...

on another side of paranoia...could this have been a newbee or potential newbee trying to get a grip on the "labor costs" for spf install???
could a been....
why didnt you quote the same price you get with the foam supplied...f'em feed em fish...
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Sep 17, 2010 09:38 PM
WOW, I don't believe this would happen because you have to be a certified applicator or have one to purchase the foam from Demilec. I will certainly pass this on, surely they must have bought it from someone either going out of business or similar.
Bryan Kwater
Posted: Sep 18, 2010 03:57 PM
Had one of our guys measure up the job and look it over. Turns out they don't have the foam yet, but thought they could save money by buying it themselves. I think they were planning on buying it from someone downstate, but the job is about 3 hours north. We are going to quote closed cell (that we supply).
Bob Silverman
Posted: Sep 18, 2010 07:53 PM
Demilec has national distributoin and they will sell it to anyone. No certification needed. Going to cause some issues down the road.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.