Q&A Forums

guardian a5 Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
jerry rader
Posted: Feb 06, 2008 11:43 AM
guardian a5
What do you guys think about a guardian a5 6000? Had a foam rep. talk confident about one and the guy also sells graco. Says for the money you cant beat the a5. Great for starters to professionals.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 06, 2008 08:11 PM
The guardian A5 is a great machine. In my opinion, the best entry level proportioner on the market. Dollar for dollar, better than the Graco E-20.

George
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Feb 06, 2008 09:15 PM
It also has a lot of the same components that you get in the tier 1 hydraulic machines. Just watch out for the merger, you don't want to buy equipment that will be phased out and unsupported, hopefully Graco will keep the Guardian line.

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
philip mullins
Posted: Feb 14, 2008 02:22 AM
the a5 ia an awsome machine. they just tend to sell packages with an un heated whip. this is bad. you NEED the heated whip. they also got me for a hose shroud since i was ignorant and didnt know better. thier customer service is second to none. just tell 'em to send you a heated whip and some shroud. and you will will prob need an extra guage or two also. your climate will dictate if you need the 6000 or the 12000 watt heaters. the 6000 watt ones have a delta of about 40.good luck
Circle-D
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 08:10 PM
I love my Guardian A-5 6000.I'm in central Maine and have been spraying all winter with it. The 6000 watts is enough heater. You need to keep your trailer and material warm anyway so the Delta T of 50 is adequate. I have the 6'unheated whip and it works fine. The heated one is more cumbersome to work with, Matter of fact I extended the material hoses with 4' of 1/4" braided stainless hoses.I extended the purge air with a rubber hose so now I have 4' of nice light, flexible hose attached to the gun to work with. It sprays cold material for the first 4-5 seconds then it is fine. Spray it into a trash bag till you get a good pattern and discard. Keep the trigger pulled and you'll never have a problem with it. As Troutkiller says spend the money for the scuff guard it will save the hoses. Skip
Posted: Feb 21, 2008 06:50 AM
shrink wrap pulled tight over hose sets,,,duct tape over shrink wrap(and all duct tapes are not created equal)multiple layers for the first 300 foot,,,,scuff guard over the duct tape and another layer of duct tape for the last 100 foot...
i found the scuff guards when left exposed snagged on everything...nails,,wood "splinters",,mending plates, hurricane clips and even plain old corners,,,the duct tape,,when intact and not split(all tapes are not created equal)seems to slide around better,,,
'dude
Circle-D
Posted: Feb 21, 2008 08:46 PM
Good point foamdude.The scuff guard does catch up on everything. I will put the duct tape to mine.
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 09:12 AM
circle-d, your avatar/logo is bigger than a billboard!
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 07:12 PM
Nice signature Skip! But I am having a hard time seeing it. Any chance you could make it a little bigger?

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Circle-D
Posted: Feb 23, 2008 09:06 PM
oops! Well people I'm an insulator not a graphic designer. Please notice I haven't included this logo on any later posts. I knew I'd get some flack for it, LOL. Need to downsize it. My apologies.
jerry rader
Posted: Feb 23, 2008 09:22 PM
Looks like some good advertising to me D. Got my attention, Keep up the good work.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.