Q&A Forums

E-30 or H-25 Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Clint Adams
Posted: May 28, 2013 06:41 PM
E-30 or H-25
Getting into the spray foam business and getting mixed advice about machines. We will be doing 90%
commercial roofing and that is the all we are worried about at this time. Some are telling the e30 is what we need why some are saying the h25. Help please!!! Pros and cons?
painter213

www.specialty-products.com

Benny Abbott

Phone: 205-717-0292

NACE Level III #7953

SSPC PCS # 2014-529-139

SSPC CCI Level II #64351

Posted: May 28, 2013 07:15 PM
If your going to be doing more commercial roofing then you want a machine that has good flow and heat for moving more material out to the gun. The H-25 is fairly small when it comes to heat. I would at least look at a H-40 to begin with. Good flow and heat. You can also look at the PMC equipment as well. Very good dependable equipment, from experienced people as well. Not trying to do a sell here, but I do have a Gusmer 20/35 pro that would make a great roofing foam rig. 18,000 watts of heat and 104 pumps.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: May 29, 2013 06:56 AM
What size roofs are you going to be doing? When you say commercial, I assume >10,000 sq ft. If that is the case and that is all you are going to do, spend the money and get the H40. The H25 is a great machine, very similar to the H40, but you will want the higher heat and output of the H40. I am surprised that the people you have spoken to have not told you that you should have an H40. Maybe you are not talking to the right people. Make sure that you get the proper training so that you can offer the manufacturer's warranty.

George
Tim Adams
Posted: May 29, 2013 06:06 PM
Yes, the roofs we do are 5,000 sq ft to 250,000 sq ft. That said, we intend to do more smaller roofs now that we're getting into foam.

Should we get our feet wet with an E30, then as he need arrises add a 2nd E30?
Cory Boehs
Posted: May 29, 2013 08:36 PM
Boyd, we have 2 E30s and 3 H25s, and I will not be going with any more electric machines if at all possible. (We only got the E machines on rigs we bought used) The duty cycles are not made for high output applications like what you will get into on roofing projects. We don't do roofs, but large metal buildings and/or viscous material will tax the electrics more that the hydraulics. You won't regret the extra money! Also if you look at the pressure charts between the H25 and the E30, the H25 will hold higher pressure and output longer than the E30. That being said, go with the H40 if you are roofing. Foam lays down much smoother with an 03 mixing chamber or larger......
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: May 29, 2013 08:45 PM
I am confused, is Boyd Crowder the same person as clinter35? Either way, 5,000 - 250,000 sq ft roofs, on the small side would still have potential for large jobs. I'd recommend the h40. What does your material supplier recommend? You can call me to discuss if you want.

George
603-745-3911
Tim Adams
Posted: May 30, 2013 10:45 PM
Clint is my son and business partner.

Getting so many different answers to the same question. I presume that to mean that while one model may be better than the other, neither will be a complete disaster. :)
clint moore
Posted: Jun 03, 2013 06:24 PM
If your just getting in to the spray foam roof business the E30 might make sense and the graduate to a H40 unit later on.
If you have never done foam roofing before I suggest you get trained at the PRTC, Polyurethane Roofing training Center.
You will also need a coating sprayer as well, No one machine does not do both.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.