Q&A Forums

AIA Seminar, “Walls That Work No Matter What”. Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
John Shockney
Posted: May 03, 2010 09:55 AM
AIA Seminar, “Walls That Work No Matter What”.
Hi Everyone,
Last week I attended a half-day seminar put on by Johns Manville and Corbond. But I would have to say it wasn’t the normal sales pitch that you get from most suppliers.

The email I got described the seminar as:
Learn the latest Insulation and Building Envelope Technology at an AIA Seminar, “Walls That Work No Matter What”. Topics will include the history of the wall, how insulation does and does not perform, and “what is climate isolation”?

Our presenter is Neal Ganser, President of Corbond Corporation. He has been in construction for over 40 years beginning in the trades, is educated in architecture and is the developer of the CORBOND® Performance Insulation System. He has served as a moisture consultant on the Lincoln/Jefferson Memorials in Washington, D.C., has designed a special insulation system for the Frank Lloyd Wright Monona Terrace Convention Center and has been an advisor on countless other projects around the country. Neal is past chairman of the Building Envelope Committee of the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance and is a member of the ASTM C-16 Committee

It also said:
There is no fee for this seminar. The course is AIA/CES registered for three credits. Those who need to attend are architects, specifiers, code officials, general contractors, insulation contractors, and distributor partners. Feel free to share with your colleagues.

I would say that this was one of the best seminars that I have ever gone to. It promoted the use of closed cell foam over any other insulation not the normal flash and batt system that I thought I would see in fact they recommend a minimum of 1.5 inches of closed cell foam and a R-11 batt for Indiana not the usual ½ inch of foam.

Has anyone else gone to this seminar? What did you think?

I highly recommend going to one of these if you get the chance.

If anyone wants I can forward the email that I got with a copy of the curriculum, send me your email address to airpro@gotsky.com

Hope this is helpful
Thanks
Airpro Spray Foam
Dean Nash
Posted: Sep 21, 2010 11:07 AM
I'm with you!
Great seminar filled with logical information that all applicators should attend. A non-pitch building sciences oriented conversation that will undoubtedly increase the applicators ability to sell through education.

Good post-should have done it myself.
Joe
Alan Fagerstrom
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 09:35 AM
I would like more information about the subject. Please forward to Alan Fagerstrom at amazingfoaminsulation@comcast.net Thank you, alan
ChrisIgna
Posted: Feb 23, 2011 04:08 PM
Looks like a step in the right direction!!
please forward me the info as well.
candr.insulation@gmail.com
jimcoler

I have over 10 years of experience specifying and installing open and closed cell spray foam. I've sold my business but I'm still selling for the new owners and consulting on large and custom specific jobs. 

I've expanded my knowledge into t

Posted: Feb 23, 2011 08:22 PM
Yes, Please send me the info.
jim"at"coler"dot"com
Dean Nash
Posted: Feb 24, 2011 08:23 AM
Having lunch today with some JM folks that should know- I'll see if I can find out this years schedule and post a link for you or email the deets.
John Shockney
Posted: Feb 24, 2011 12:34 PM
They provided a lot of good info to the contractors and architects that were there and corbond is a good product the only reason I haven’t used their foam is the shipping cost + the cost of foam doesn’t make sense for me due to a local BASF warehouse close enough for me to pick up product.

Shipping can sure eat up profits

Airpro
Dean Nash
Posted: Feb 24, 2011 04:07 PM
My JM lunch dates (GStephenson & SBurrell) were unaware of an actual schedule.

Their best advice is to contact Neal's secretary:
Joyce Maxin
Tel. 888-949-9089
maxinj @ jm dot com

and Airpro-
during lunch we were informed that Corbond & JM are actively working on setting up distribution points whereupon the freight cost will not be so hard to endure. Good product, especially for winter applications.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.