Q&A Forums

What should I do to evaluate used equipment Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Barry Wallett
Posted: Mar 09, 2007 07:33 AM
What should I do to evaluate used equipment
Hello foamers,

Could you please share with me how to evaluate used equipment with out spraying. There is a used Gusmer ff-1600 near me (like new, used on sundays). Is there any way to evaluate the machine with out spraying?

Thanks for any tips!
Michael Flander
Posted: Mar 09, 2007 09:32 AM
The FF-1600 is a discontinued product. They are available on a while supplies last basis. Keep this in mind before purchasing.

The best way to evaluate is to see it being used. Try to run it for more then 5 minutes also, some problems don't show up until you are running the equipment for a length of time.

Thanks,
Mike Flander
Posted: Mar 10, 2007 07:53 AM
likey mikey said,,,

buying a rig without seeing it operate,,,or better yet operating it yourself is like buying a car with out driving it....
obviously you can see the risks.....

if i was new to the trade i would buy a current model with reasonable output and enough features to operate efficiently cause like any business it is that efficiency that will keep your doors open...
i would buy it from a KNOWLEDGEABLE SOURCE who offers service after the sale, and has the knowledge base and resources to provide you real service..
yes this could "cost" you a little more of your precious start up money,,,but it could be the best money you spend over the long term....

you need to be able to spray fluids to make money,,,you need to process effectively and efficiently in order to maximize your time and profit...

while a smaller output unit may function well at first.,,.if you are successful you will soon need a larger unit....and you obviously are looking at what the used market values are...

foam-it!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.