Q&A Forums

Fusion Gun on roofs... Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Mar 08, 2007 05:56 PM
Fusion Gun on roofs...
Who out there uses a Fusion gun to spray roofs? Or has used one in the past and switched because they did not like it... Or likes the Fusion better than a gun they used to use regularly...
Erik
FirstName LastName
Posted: Mar 12, 2007 11:40 PM
i use a fusion ap gun for roofing. using a large tip to get the job done faster. works real well compared to the other guns that i have tryed but i am more familiar with the fusion than other guns. what i try to do is start getting the foam to "roll" towards you than keep the top of the spray pattern at the edge of the roll starting at the high end of the roog all the way to the low end. makes for a really smooth roof.
Daniel Houston
Posted: Apr 06, 2007 10:50 AM
I have used the Gx7 and the fusion. I do think that the GX is better for Foam..but the fusion gun is alot easier to clean. We have two rigs here and one is for poly and one for foam. I use the fusion in both rigs. For foam I use a AR6060 Tip. For foam details I use the AR4242. I used to use the GX7 but it takes forever to put it together and is harder to clean.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Apr 10, 2007 04:51 PM
The Gx-7 is the gun from hades.

Loves parts and is very fussy.

olger
clint moore
Posted: Jul 03, 2007 05:33 PM
I think if you had someone show you how the fusion ap works and how to use and maintain it the fusion would become you favorite.
clint moore
Posted: Jul 03, 2007 05:33 PM
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jul 04, 2007 01:44 PM
We like the P2 gun on roofs. I must confess however, I haven't sprayed with a Fusion.

og
Posted: Aug 13, 2007 10:12 PM
I feel the same way. I grew up on AR & D guns. My partner and a few of my subs swear by the GX7. I have spent so many hours on that "touchy" thing. When I am dripping with sweat and wanting to get the job done, I do not need the frustration. To each his own if you want to spend profit on parts. I love the P2 and nobody will ever change my mind. No pics or a bag of tools to keep spraying. Grease and a drill bit. Reel the hose in and move on.
Michael Flander
Posted: Aug 14, 2007 09:42 AM
Couldn't agree more polymer! That is the beauty of the next gen guns(the P2 and fusion), they require less maintenance, and are far more inexpensive to operate than their older counterparts.

On other hand, there is an old saying that says, "Stick with what you know...", and whether you agree or disagree with that saying, there are a lot of people in this business that follow that phrase to a T...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.