Q&A Forums

We need a new grease container in the industry.. Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Oct 09, 2007 06:30 PM
We need a new grease container in the industry..
I would like to see a lithium grease container that is air powered or self contained. The current method of diminutive grease cylinders is uber-messy and you only get to use about 70% of the grease.

What else is out there? How about a full-size cartridge (change it less and waste less).

olger
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Oct 09, 2007 07:37 PM
I assume you are talking about a grease gun to grease the gun (spray gun)? Lincoln makes a battery powered grease gun which takes full size cartridges. I have a full size grease gun that takes full size cartridges of white lithium grease. They both seem to last a long time for this particular application.

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
philip mullins
Posted: Oct 09, 2007 07:50 PM
local home depot here carries both air and battery posered ones. as well as full size tubes of grease. you can also try your local napa auto parts store. sometimes, they dont carry the big tubes of grease but, if they dont have the pneumatic gun they can order it for you.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Oct 09, 2007 11:14 PM
Cool.

Do they have the white lithium grease in big tubes. This is for the foam guns during shutdown.

gracias,

oG
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 06:27 AM
My local home depot has white lithium in the big tubes.

Geo
Arville Brown
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 05:09 PM
why does it have to be white lithium grease. plain old grease works for me been using it for years not had any problems.
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 08:12 PM
Airtight,
we should use white lithium because it is the only grease that does not contain moisture,and we know the loving relationship iso has with moisture.
philip mullins
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 10:46 PM
most napa stores carry the large tubes, although the one by me doesnt. any home depot or lowes should have them. i recomend lowes cause tony stewart is gay.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 08:04 AM
Tthtop that...
quentin
Posted: Oct 25, 2007 11:05 PM
Interesting that the new Lowes flyer had something along these lines that they don't have listed on their site but it is the Cobalt Pneumatic Grease Gun for $30 part number 256681 for anyone interested. Also a pneumatic caulking gun for those doing a ton of that for $30 number 256683.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.