Q&A Forums

ventilation system Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Trey Gibson
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 03:55 PM
ventilation system
We are looking for a ventilation system that will ventilate and existing attic during the application process, has any one used something like this before, or have any ideas??
Dave Strnad
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 08:01 PM
Just a thought but maybe something like they use in man holes. I seen one on ebay awhile back had 12" flexible, colapsable hose similar to flex duct. can't remember how much or what it was called.
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Jun 27, 2006 08:53 PM
Why do you need to vent the attic space if you have a fresh air resp system? Remember, I'm a greenhorn...
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jun 28, 2006 05:46 AM
I bought 2 24" industrial fans at home depot. The difference that they make in clearing the smell is unreal. You have to pay attenetion to where they are pointed as they will blow overspray all over your truck if it is parked too close, like mine. Not sure if you could use that in the attic that you are talking about.

George
Posted: Jun 29, 2006 08:05 AM
be careful when running fans and ventilation devices,,,
it is amazing the amount of "drift" that can be moved with fans,,and you end up blowing it all over the exterior of the structure you are spraying,,,and any equipment in the near proximity...we have "rigged" furnace filters on the fans to stop "catch" the drift, but these need to be changed regularly and greatly effect the performance of the fan as they become clogged up...but it works...
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Jun 30, 2006 07:11 PM
The air movers are pretty decent. Rigid makes one and Northern has one in their catalog (plastic shroud around them).

gcw

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.