Q&A Forums

trailer set up Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
aaron koenig
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 10:27 PM
trailer set up
I've seen what trailers look like when they are built and how everything is laid out. What do your trailers look like when they are in use? Are they as clean? Where is a good place to store tarps, foam shavers, can foam supplies, etc. The trailers I've seen have cabinets like a kitchen for storage, and a large toolbox below the counter. Does all the extra tools, ladders, scaffold and tarps just get thrown in depending on the job, or is everything always in the trailer and in it's place? What size trailer is needed to have a place for everything?
philip mullins
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 02:24 AM
think of it like a boat. some will pull up to the dock all pretty and shiny new lookin. others pull in all bloody and covered with fish guts. i prefer mine bloody. means i been catching fish!

it aint gonna stay new forever. i generally store tools inside my trailer. the more stuff you got the bigger trailer you will need. and you can just throw ur realy expensive tools and supplies around if you want. i am sure some guys do. i put mine away in the cabinets and such.and yes, you will always need more room.
Tim Trott
Posted: Feb 05, 2008 06:17 PM
I purchased a 16' trailer for my spray rig. It has the pull down ramp door in the rear. I use single phase equipment instead of 3 phase which eliminated the need for a generator. I tap into house current thru a 150' 138amp power cable. There is a subpanel in the trailer. I have a selection of 100 amp circuts to tap into the house or temp panels at the jobsite. I installed a 10 hp rotary screw compressor/ its large but very quiet. I had a plumber set up air distribution and electrician wire all the components/lights and outlets. I installed tool cabinets, workbench from Sears. The hose rack was fabricated from 1 1/4" black gas piping. There is just enough room to walk through with 2 full sets on board. I get compliments all the time about how organized my rig is. The cleaner your stuff looks, the more organized and professional you look.
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Feb 05, 2008 07:05 PM
I agree, pretty gets the comments all the time, but an $80K rig doesn't allow you to make any more money than a homemade $30K rig. You can't make money if you are in debt.

I have a 26' gooseneck trailer (18' lower floor and 8' gooseneck area). In gooseneck I have a skid mounted 5hp compressor with 80 gallon horizontal tank. I have a 6' lower floor sectioned off for the remainder of the mechanicals with an access door on either side. I have a 25Kw 3 phase diesel generator hardwired into a panel with all distribution in conduit or MC wire. I carry 6 sets of pipe staging with me in the trailer all the time. The partition wall is insulated with 3" of closed cell foam. I used 1.5" polyiso rigid insulation on the walls and ceiling and used 5/8" plywood to cover that and a double 3/4" floor. The back 10' holds the proportioner, hose, air dryer and all cabinets to store all the things I need on a daily basis. I can carry 4-5 sets of foam if needed. I have double barn doors in the rear with a little trap door cut out so I can close the doors and still keep the hose outside.

I built the rig myself from the ground up, did all the installations, electrical and plumbing. I am sure I saved $40K over a comparable "ordered rig". I know how everything works so it is easy to diagnose a problem if one should arise! Plus I own it, so I don't have payments every month which makes any down time easier to swallow.

I have tons of pics if anyone is interested.

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
Todd Baxter
Posted: Feb 07, 2008 07:00 PM
yes, I would ike to see some pictures of your rig. I am looking at this as a new business so any info would be nice.

georgiafoam@gmail.com
Posted: Feb 07, 2008 08:14 PM
Tim,
I'd like some pics as well. sounds like a good setup.

taylor30@truevine.net

-aaron
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Feb 07, 2008 08:32 PM
I'll see if I can figure out how to upload to my website tomorrow!

Tim
Posted: Feb 14, 2008 10:21 PM
Pics for me to please. We are currently switching over everything to a new trailer and are looking for new ideas.

Thanks,
Tyler
Robert Webster
Posted: Mar 02, 2008 06:04 PM
Not real satisfied with my current rig set up would like to see your pics. Thanks robert.webster@hotmail.com
quentin
Posted: Mar 02, 2008 08:35 PM
Pics here too please. I finally measured the home built enclosed car trailer I bought and it is about 29ft long. Plenty of room for a small office and etc in it that way. I have been getting it setup and today managed to mount the new breaker box, minor repairs, welded hose hangers, mounted the boxes for various outlets and plotted a new ramp setup. A few other things also but it is getting there when the weather is willing to work with me!

Durrstein@gmail.com
Robert Webster
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 10:27 PM
Curious if you ever got pics of your rig uploaded.
Would also like to see layout pics of any other rigs that are currently in use, and feedback from operators. Thanks....
Robert Webster
Posted: Apr 13, 2008 09:30 AM
Any updates on photos of working rigs
ben hodges
Posted: Aug 14, 2008 12:56 AM
I would like to see some of your pics of your trailer also.
Posted: Aug 15, 2008 05:25 PM
We have built a new trailer, our third. It is set up nice, with a double proportioner. If you are interested in pictures send me an email at jdfoam at aol and I will send you the pictues.
Randall Langston
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 05:53 PM
i am about to purchase h25 30 kw jon deer gen 20 ft trailer ingersoll 18.1 cfm plus fresh air and 200 ft hose air purge gun and other odds and ends all new and put together for $40000 with tax included. Is this a good deal?

Is this the right set up for a new guy who does residential fiber glass and cellulose for 4 years and who wants to get in spray foam and if so why? If not Why not? 318-780-3533 call if you have time thanks

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.