Q&A Forums

The housing market Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 09:11 AM
The housing market
I'm just wondering if anyone that's been around long enough has a guess on how the foam business will fare over the next two to five years?

In my opinion the housing market is about to change A LOT. Foreclosures are way up even in my historically stable market. The higher end people seem to be avoiding the mess though, so far. Here's an article that might interest you. I would not have paid any attention to it but I've read the mans book.

http://www.reuters.com/articlePrint?articleId=USL1470530620070314

What do insulation companies do when new construction slows down? I'm guessing we'd all be tapping into the retro market or back to roofing for the more experienced foamers.

Thank-you,

Leon
Thomas Kasper
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 02:20 PM
I think you have to be able to adapt to what comes at you. Who knows what the future will bring? Residential slows down, industrial picks up. The housing slow down around here is going on three years. We are adapting.
Posted: Mar 17, 2007 03:59 PM
Tom,

That's good to hear!

I just read somewhere at housingeconomics.com that "the number of new conventional houses built during the decade from 2006 to 2015 will exceed the number produced in any previous decade."

The only reason I have the luxury of asking these silly questions is because I'm not in the business yet. I agree with you that adapting to your market is the key. And if that doesn't work, move to another market.

Leon

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.