Q&A Forums

Spray Tip Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Harry S
Posted: May 27, 2009 12:29 PM
Spray Tip
Can any of you more experienced sprayers enlighten me as to which tip is best for open cell foam. We seem to be getting alot more jobs for open cell and I'm happy to get them but the waste and cleanup time are getting to be exorbitant. We use an EXP2 w a Fusion AP gun. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Harry
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: May 27, 2009 03:05 PM
Hi Harry,

I find that most contractors use an AR3737 chamber for wall foam with AP Fusion Gun.
clint moore
Posted: May 27, 2009 04:50 PM
Try the AF4242 w/FTM979. This will give you a flat pattern w/more control. They make a stud wall kit for the Fusion AP,#249421. It runs about $350.00 w/the chamber. You'll need to specify chamber size when ordering. A lot of guys like the TP100 set up for the Fusion as well. Either way this will fill the cavity in a single pass. 888-920-1313.
Posted: May 28, 2009 01:43 PM
Hi Maxx

How do applicators like the AF4242 versus a standard AR4242? Will I get a better yield on 1/2 pound?

How about rooflines? Sometimes, rooflines are 20ft and even standing on a piece of plywood draped on top of the rafters on a 10ft. ladder, we are shooting 5-6 ft.

How will the AF4242 handle that type of situation?

There are a few video's on you tube showing the AF4242's, but they are usually under ideal conditions when they are spraying standing less than 24 to 36 inches away.

I like how it appears to handle, just haven't been able to ask anyone who has practical experience with that chamber.

Steve
clint moore
Posted: May 28, 2009 05:16 PM
Just from personal experience, I have always used a round pattern on roofs. The flat pattern on the other hand does a great job with interior or wall applications. With roofing it does tend to leave a ridge on your pass line. But if you are one of those applicators who tends to not get a smooth finish with a round due to over lapping a AF may be worth a try. Graco also makes a jet nozzle in many different out puts that will shoot in foam 10-20 ft. away. Call your local Graco rep. and ask about it.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.