Q&A Forums

Pour foams.... Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
quentin
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 03:40 PM
Pour foams....
One thing in the area I am in that I have been getting interest would be in is retrofitting homes with foam. Many here are older and have no insulation on the outsides between the bricks and walls. What are good brands and is it much harder to use than spraying foam in place? These are the old type of lattice with hand spread plaster that has a smooth coating on top.
Rob Granger
Posted: Sep 24, 2007 08:16 PM
Quentin,
I believe you want a product called AirKrete from a company in Weedsport NY. Although it is installed under pressure it is a fully expanded foam with the consistency of shaving cream. Over the course of a day or two it sets up to a foam like consistency. With training and experience it is difficult to blow out a wall.. The cost of a trailer and license is $ 50,000. I have seen the product and an install. I think it is the way to go.
Jeffrey Souder
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 10:37 AM
Quentin,
You can also check out CFI foam. It is also a preexpanded foam, but seems a little cheaper to get into it.
I will be adding it as soon as my money flow issues are resolved, out doing quotes, but no jobs yet.
Hope this helps.

jeff

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.