Q&A Forums

Locked Up Reactor E20... What is it worth and where to start on rebuild? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Gerard G
Posted: Jul 29, 2015 02:13 PM
Locked Up Reactor E20... What is it worth and where to start on rebuild?
I am buying an E20 that has been sitting and is supposed to be seized up with product. I am getting it for practically free. According to seller the unit worked fine before it sat up. My question is where do I start as far as rebuilding it? Is it safe to try and flush proportioner with solvent or could I damage motor or anything by doing this on a machine that has iso set up in it? I figure worst case it could be a back up for hose heat control or spare parts if I ever buy an E20. Also what parts are interchangable with larger reactors, E30, XP-2, etc. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Jethro
Posted: Aug 14, 2015 06:31 PM
I would begin by disassembling the entire "A" side of the unit and cleaning/inspecting it. From the inlet strainer, "A" side pump, pump outlet tube, heater, heater outlet tube, fluid manifold, return valve, gauge and pressure transducer. Once it's all cleaned out/replaced, I would put a repair kit in the "A" pump (replace the pump rod, sleeve, lube pump and lube bottle if necessary). Once you have a 'known' good "A" side fluid path and a rebuilt pump / lube system, I would go through the electronics and make sure your motor and heater controls work properly. I would then add material, pressure up and check your pressure transducers against the analog gauges for accuracy. After that I would put on a hose and gun and give her a whirl. What's it worth? A used machine, of any make & model, that has been gone through and is production ready is worth 50% of the new list price of the unit. If it's in immaculate shape, it would command a little higher price. If it is in a nasty condition, it would bring a little less. A machine that is just 'used', that is NOT production ready, is worth 10% - 30% of a new machine at list price depending on it's condition and perceived investment to get it into the field. For interchangeable parts, look in the manual, there is a section for 'common parts' which list all the parts that are the same among their line-up. Hope this helps.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.