Q&A Forums

Locked Up Reactor E20... What is it worth and where to start on rebuild? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Gerard G
Posted: Jul 29, 2015 02:17 PM
Locked Up Reactor E20... What is it worth and where to start on rebuild?
I am buying an E20 that has been sitting and is supposed to be seized up with product. I am getting it for practically free. According to seller the unit worked fine before it sat up. My question is where do I start as far as rebuilding it? Is it safe to try and flush proportioner with solvent or could I damage motor or anything by doing this on a machine that has iso set up in it? I figure worst case it could be a back up for hose heat control or spare parts if I ever buy an E20. Also what parts are interchangable with larger reactors, E30, XP-2, etc. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Gerard G
Posted: Jul 29, 2015 02:19 PM
Can some one delete one of these post for some reason it posted twice. Thank you
mason
Posted: Jul 29, 2015 05:24 PM
Flushing it with solvent won't help clean out the A side.

It is good that you are getting almost for free, because you will have to replace all of the A side components including: proportioner pump shaft & cylinder, screens, hoses, heater, transfer pump, In short everything the A side liquid came in contact with. Its best use would be to use it to cannibalize parts for another E 20

You can get online manuals of the E30, E 20 etc and see how many parts match up.

Gerard G
Posted: Jul 29, 2015 05:45 PM
I realize all is shot but not sure to what degree. I more or less want to get something in it to help stop any more crystalizing from happening and help aid in taking it apart down the road. Who knows it may not be as bad as it sounds although the owner said he through the hoses out bc they were shot so it is prob toast. I never understand why people open a system and leave it like that to just get worse. Anyway will I damage motor or anything trying to pump a solvent in machine?
Gerard G
Posted: Jul 29, 2015 05:49 PM
I realize all is shot but not sure to what degree. I more or less want to get something in it to help stop any more crystalizing from happening and help aid in taking it apart down the road. Who knows it may not be as bad as it sounds although the owner said he through the hoses out bc they were shot so it is prob toast. I never understand why people open a system and leave it like that to just get worse. Anyway will I damage motor or anything trying to pump a solvent in machine?
Gerard G
Posted: Jul 29, 2015 05:50 PM
Not sure why everything I post list twice
Gerard G
Posted: Jul 29, 2015 05:52 PM
Message shown

Error in exception handler: Expected response code 354 but got code "550", with message "550 5.4.5 Daily sending quota exceeded. wn2sm14508116oeb.9 - gsmtp " in /var/www/vhosts/sprayfoammagazine.com/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/AbstractSmtpTransport.php:386

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.