Q&A Forums

jimcoler Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
mason
Posted: May 19, 2009 07:30 AM
jimcoler
Jim, Call me to discuss the fire issue. I think after we talk you will understand the issue more clearly. Flash fires do occur in unvented rooms with SPF (most common one is in freezers). I have personal experience to relate. 571-239-5221
jimcoler

I have over 10 years of experience specifying and installing open and closed cell spray foam. I've sold my business but I'm still selling for the new owners and consulting on large and custom specific jobs. 

I've expanded my knowledge into t

Posted: May 19, 2009 09:45 PM
Mason,
Thanks for the lengthy discussion today. For those of you reading along, we seem to have agreed to disagree on this issue. Just to clear the air, I greatly respect your (Mason's) knowledge and experience in this industry and feel that you are making a possitive impact in the industry in many ways. I just wish we could come to an agree ment on this issue. It seems the only way we will be able to reach an agreement based on our conversation is if we come up with a different test. This would be a test in my mind which would demonstrate a realistic fire in an attic considering the flame sources commonly present in that space. The current test does not represent this as it was only taken from the first part of the NFPA 286 15 minute thermal barrier test. I hope you can respect the fact that I still feel strongly against the actions of the SPFA regarding this task force and will continue to stand my ground for what I beleive is truth and fact. I know some of the other work you've done in the industry is helping the industry, and I hope someday we can team up and fight these fights together. It seems Kurt has chimed in on one of the other forum sites and made a statement of his own on here.

https://sprayfoammagazine.com/mnps/fullthread.cfm?threadid=8878&mnforumid=2&mnboardid=6&startat=1

Glad to see that he's willing to dive in and discuss it with the rest of us.

Thanks again for the great conversation and I firmly believe we are ultimately on the same team, just with different perspectives on this issue.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.