Q&A Forums

IPM- IP_02 Pumps Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
John Perkins
Posted: Feb 09, 2012 06:34 PM
IPM- IP_02 Pumps
I recently had my two IPM pumps rebuilt, air and liquid sides.......for some reason neither one will pump , all air valves and lines are open. The gentlemen that rebuilt them has worked on my equip before and is usually very dependable..unfortunately I came back a week after repair and started to spray again to find neither pum p will Pump...I removed air side device and turned air on slightly and the device began pumping strong but when i installed it back on the pump are it is like it is locked up...any help- would be cool....fyi, the guy that usually works is out of town on family emergency...
steven argus
Posted: Feb 10, 2012 09:37 AM
Sounds like somthing in the lower fluid section is causing the problem. You should be able to pump by hand when you pull the air motor off. (with a pair of locking pliers attatched and recirc valve open) Check to make sure one of the seals in the fluid section has not slipped or make sure the check ball is not stuck. I hope you didn't pay this guy a lot of money.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 10, 2012 07:48 PM
I wonder if the packing retainers are tightened down to much. When you remove the air motor, there is a rod at the top of the fluid section where the pump rod comes through. Loosen that and see if you can pump. I hope that he didn't put any of the a parts in the b pump...

George

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.