Q&A Forums

Insulating Hoses Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Ralph Beebe
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 10:56 AM
Insulating Hoses
We have an application where we are looking for a better way to insulate some hoses in cold areas. Would SPF be a good fit? Currently the rigid insulating wraps take up a tremendous amount of space for shipping to where we use the hoses. Are the components considered hazardous for shipping? Can you get a "non hazardous" formulation for shipping via aircraft? Anybody have any experience with insulating flexible hoses? Thanks
mason
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 12:29 PM
There are some premanufactured flexible foams in the market that might do the job, but I am not aware of any spray applied types that could be shipped as a liquid and then foamed over the hoses.
Ralph Beebe
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 12:36 PM
Sorry I was a little unclear. The hoses would be fully charged and rigid - so I would look at foaming them in that condition - so basically they would be just like a pipe. I think that would work fine? The real question is can a foam system (trailer,or whatever and the raw materials) be transported by air - or are the components too hazardous to transport by air? Thanks
mason
Posted: Dec 29, 2007 09:31 PM
OK, I got it. No, the liquid materials cannot be transported by air.
ROBIN LONSDALE
Posted: Jan 05, 2008 06:44 AM
In Europe i regularly have to ship materials and machinery by air, only problem is the cost, not sure about the regs in America though.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.