Q&A Forums

help help help help help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Wayne Evanson
Posted: Nov 21, 2006 06:05 PM
help help help help help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is my story and I,m stickin to it.
We bought a turn-key trailer from a company that shall remain name-less. Glascraft A5-6000, probler p2 gun.
and the rest of the stuff to make it go.The only thing I bring to the table is that I can wave a spray gun around pretty good. This foam stuff is a lot different than putting some base-coat in my SATA and having at it.We are using a Soy-Based product due to the fact we are in Toas New Mexico which is "tree-huger heaven". Any-hoo,my biggeat obsticle right now is spray pattern. The person that delivered our trailer had a round tip on the gun. I need to know how to get a nice flat pattern in order to produce a nice flat roof. I would be grateful to talk to anyone about achieving a flat spf roof with proper slop-to-drain.
bottom line is we have had the rig for 2 weeks now and hve not made a dime with it. Someone please help, we have fallen down and can't get up.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 21, 2006 08:21 PM
The round tip is much preferrable for roof spraying. Take my 23-year experience for advice.

Leave the flat tip for polyureas and studwalls.

olger
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Nov 21, 2006 11:36 PM
That is why I asked if you were talking about roof or walls. I've never ever heard of flat tips on roofs and I've heard nothing positive about soy roofs... yet.
Wayne Evanson
Posted: Nov 22, 2006 06:09 AM
Please tell me about pressure on the round tip, when we tried the round tip we couldn't gaet a decent pattern. thanks for your input.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 22, 2006 06:35 AM
1200 should be adequate (#1). If the gun and machine are new, the pattern should be terrific.

Might be a material problem. Try a set of VFI 730 roofing foam and if it still messes up, you have an equipment issue. That foam sprays real nice.

You seriously need some training. Roofing is not for beginners, especially when your name is on the line for 10-years. The person you bought the machine/material from should provide a tech support guy on the job site for the first job. I hear this too often, people buy a machine and think they are a roofer. Hey guys, it took 2-seasons to really learn how to spray roofs. Taking a man off the street and putting a P2 in their hands is a recipe for disaster. As an industry, we must not repeat the mistakes of the 70's, or Conklin's 80's mistakes.

regards,

olger
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Nov 22, 2006 07:26 AM
Nothing aggrivates me more than these guys selling equipment who don't even know the basics of using it. If you have a poor patten, it is usually caused by lack of heat and/or lack of pressure. You also need to clean out the mix chamber insert every so often with a properly sized drill bit. How flat do you think that you are going to get it? I haven't heard of any soy foam that is denser than 2lb. What density are you using?

George
Wayne Evanson
Posted: Nov 22, 2006 07:35 AM
what is vfi730 and where do i buy it, plus the guy that delivered our rig spent about an hour and was on his way back iowa. i would like to post his name and company but it seems improper at this time. we have made numerous call, basically his after sale service "sucks". after all, he has our money, it is obvious we bought from the wrong guy.
Wayne Evanson
Posted: Nov 22, 2006 07:38 AM
we are using 2,5 lb. foam soy based but now i am learning that soy based is no good for roofs
thanks wayne
Aaron Scurlock
Posted: Nov 22, 2006 01:32 PM
Why is soy no good for roofs?

Are you a rofer by trade?
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 09:12 AM
Wrfoam,Is this guy from Peosta?
If so I know who he is and he is an idiot!He hosed me on some 2# soy foam.We tried a couple sets and work great for interior walls on a steel pole shed I was spraying.Well I had some left over and took that to a new interior pole building job we had sold and needed more 2# soy to complete the job and the new blend was not skinning over like the first batch.Poor quailty control.His salesmen even quit on him due to the lies and lack of knowledge.
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Nov 23, 2006 09:59 PM
VFI 730. Volatile Free Inc. Google them. Or try NCFI.

regards,

olger
Posted: Nov 27, 2006 05:54 PM
Here is the biggest joke to soy based products.
It is nothing more than an marketing scheme.All foams use fillers it can be soy ,corn, whatever.The only problem with soy that I have seen is its not a consistent product so it makes it hard to blend and come out with the same product everytime but the manufactures are getting better at it.They all have to use a blowing agent and there is only about 5 companies in the U.S.A. that have it and ALL the foam companies buy it from one of them.Almost no
foam companies blend there A component it is all purchased from another company.I spray everyday and only spray using a round tip for walls,roofs,whatever.Use mostly a 02 in a graco fusion gun.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.