Q&A Forums

Graco InSite Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Chicago Spray Foam
Posted: Jan 23, 2015 02:47 AM
Graco InSite
Has anyone installed the Graco InSite on their rigs. I've heard the GPS only works when the machine is powered up and sends no signal when the machine is turned off. I also haven't been able to find out what type of monthly costs there are. If anyone has any information on how it's worked for them, it's much appreciated.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jan 23, 2015 06:46 AM
You are correct, when there is no power to the unit, it doesn't transmit any data. It is $35 a month for a standard reactor, $40 a month if you have an "elite" model of reactor 2. Reactor 2 elite has digital incoming temp and pressure, so there is more data to send. We have sold alot of them and it is a great way to keep track of your employees, chemical usage, settings, etc without having to be on the job.

George
Chicago Spray Foam
Posted: Jan 23, 2015 02:54 PM
Do you know if there is any way to add a 12v power supply to keep the unit active 24/7 so it will always transmit GPS location information?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Jan 24, 2015 11:17 AM
That is an interesting idea. I have forwarded the request to someone at Graco. I am unaware of being able to do that, but it may be possible. Funny that you posted this question. A couple of days later, Graco came out with a promotion.

Starting today Graco is offering FREE subscriptions to any newly activated devices:
• Any Reactor 2 Elite or Reactor 2 kits* will receive 6 months FREE - $240 value
• Any kits* for existing Reactors will receive 2 months FREE - $70 value

So if you are thinking about insite, now is a good time to give it a try.

George
Wayne Hawke
Posted: Jan 31, 2015 07:05 PM
You will also need the extension cable to position the sending unit in a place where it has a clear sky view. I have ordered it and will place unit under skylight panel in truck box. I have been subscribed for a week now and it has failed to report yet.It shows the position as a jobsite we were on before I activated the damn thing.I was told insite would report gps location in real time without machine powered on. It had a separate power supply. I guess not according to earlier posts.I want to know where my rig is 24/7!
I will report back when I get it up and running.
Right now my experience has been short of satisfactory.
Chicago Spray Foam
Posted: Feb 02, 2015 05:37 PM
I'm a little confused, is the module mounted in the reactor unit and needs a cable for an antenna? Or do you need to mount the module somewhere near open sky? What was the cost of the cable (& lenght)?

Thanks for the feedback, the concept seems great, but the price is a definite negative for what it is (and isn't).
Dale Fulghum
Posted: Mar 03, 2015 12:35 PM
I'm new to spray foam and just purchased a new Pro PAK rig with a Exp-2. My InSite box is mounted to the side of the reactor.

I plan to activate the service this week so hopefully I can provide some feedback soon.
bryce kennedy
Posted: Mar 05, 2015 12:08 AM
Lot less cost and trouble to just gps the trailer or truck
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 12, 2015 02:22 PM
Graco Insite is much more than a simple GPS. It keeps track of all spray data throughout the day. Also keeps track of what time the machine is turned on, turned off, anything adjusted, and how much foam is sprayed.

George
Jethro
Posted: Jun 25, 2015 05:09 PM
Which do you prefer? A machine with a hundred sensors to tell you what's wrong with it OR an applicator that knows how to troubleshoot a 'simple' machine? Spend your $ where it counts -TRAINING!....my 2 cents.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.