Q&A Forums

Genset Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Yvan Richard
Posted: Dec 08, 2009 10:46 PM
Genset
I am new to the business. I am running a Graco E30 with 150 ft. of hose with a 17500 watt generator with a surge to 22500. I does work fine, however it does get very warm and at times I have had to shut it down and open the doors to the trailer. Is the genset too small, keep in mind the E30 is the only thing running on it.
Posted: Dec 09, 2009 10:30 AM
ventilate with roof and sidewall vents and/or keep the doors open....

and your e30 is,,guess what,,makein heat...and the hose set is like a little radiator,,,and the drums are thermal mass as well,,,and if a compressor is in the trailer,,monster heat,,,

my power ventilated forward compartment can see 110 degrees in the summer easily,,,and it was 85 up there when it was 25 the other day with the vents open and stuff running,,,

your local heating contractor freind should be able to look at your equip and estimate its btu output as well as the size of the compartment and thus the sizing of your vent needs,,,

good luck in your venture ,,,
Yvan Richard
Posted: Dec 09, 2009 10:51 AM
Thanks, I will do that.
Melvin Chandler
Posted: Dec 10, 2009 06:44 PM
We have a gooseneck and our Genset is in the the power/air compartment at the front of the rig which includes the raised platform (Air comp, tank, dryer and tools) and about 6' of trailer for the genset supplies, hoses, cords, tools, etc. It has a 4' door that we leave open. Our genset is fixed next to the opposite wall and we have two large industrial louvers, one of which we've connected the Genset to help direct some heat. We also have a few roof vents that aren't powered but we will throw a fan up there if needed to move air. We haven't had any problems yet. I've seen some guys mount large industrial fans in the side of their rigs to help push the hot air out.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.