Q&A Forums

Generator Exhaust Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
swfoam
Posted: Feb 25, 2013 09:11 AM
Generator Exhaust
Hey guys/gals,

I was wondering if any of you had a solution for running the exhaust from the generator out of the side of the trailer.

I am looking for a way to have it run out the side and still look aesthetically good on the outside of the trailer. But also isolate it so that its not touching the actual trailer walls.

Any ideas?

Thanks
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Feb 25, 2013 12:04 PM
The ones that I have seen done leave a black smoke/soot stripe down the side of the rig.
Circle-D
Posted: Feb 25, 2013 08:03 PM
Send me an email and I'll send you some photos of mine. No smoke or soot stains.
clint moore
Posted: Feb 26, 2013 10:48 AM
You can make an exhaust door so you can open it while in use and close and lock it when your not using it. Just remember to open it before you start the generator or you'll burn a hole in it.
mark moyer
Posted: Mar 04, 2013 04:00 PM
you dont give an idea of the size of the genset..
skid mount?
i turn my genset exhaust mounts down,,drill a hole in the trailer belly pan and its 5" closed cell foam insulation and fabricate a tail pipe off the muffler and over to the road side of the trailers side and exit it in front of the wheel.
just like a diesel car...i keep it on the road side so it aint blowin towards the sidewalk or toward the trailers sidedoor...
seen some guys go up and out,,me i dont like holes in the lid,,,and it would be one more thing to nail on a tree limb backin not pay attention to the limbs but to the trees hee hee..

now i saw one of the injection-slurry-stuff (aint right to call it foam,,we will suffer for the word/product association,,remember ufi??god bless)had a nice manifold manufactured for the small tire mounted gensets...just a replacement exhaust manifold really with a nipple like extension that allowed you to attach a tailpipe to go up,down, side,or what ever...

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.