Q&A Forums

primary heaters Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Mark Mouton
Posted: Feb 27, 2013 07:02 AM
primary heaters
I have an H-25(3 ph) with 8KW heaters. Can these be EASILY changed out to 10KW's?
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Feb 27, 2013 09:16 AM
I believe that you could change the standard 2k watt heating rods out with 2.5kw and it wouldn't cause any issues. If you check the manual, link at left, you can see that the circuit breaker is a 25amp and a 10kw E30 also uses a 25amp breaker for the preheater.

George
Mark Mouton
Posted: Mar 02, 2013 06:29 AM
George, thanks for the feedback! Could you tell me what approximately would be the temperature spread going from 8KW to 10KW using a No. 2 tip holding the trigger down? Also I have a big pressure drop(about 400 lbs.)when the trigger is pulled. It was my understanding the H-25 would handle a No.2 tip better than what I'm getting. (I went from an E-20.) I'm not complaining, the machine is working well for us, I just thought when you pulled the trigger, the pressure would pretty well hold setpoint.
Mark Mouton
Posted: Mar 02, 2013 06:29 AM
George(and Mason)I appreciate your time to answering questions on this forum. It helps a lot to get experienced advice and expertise.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 02, 2013 08:29 AM
Theoretically, adding 25% to the heater size, should add 25% to the heating capability of the unit. I think that would hold true if you could somehow add 25% to the length of the heater to increase the time the mateial stayed in the heater. With a 5252 chamber, your output is going to be about 2.2+/- gallons per minute depending on the pressure you are spraying at. You should be acheiving a delta T of 60 deg F at full flow. If you go to a 10kw heater, you should have a delta T of 75. This is going by the chart on page 51 on the manual at right. 400psi is quite a drop. You must be running more than 200' of hose? Depends on who you talk to, but if you go over 150'-200', you should use 1/2" hose for the first few lengths instead of running all standard 3/8" hose. Are you running the Graco hose? I have seen some non Graco hose that is supposed to be the same, but the crimp fittings were not full port and they chocked the hose down to 1/4" at every fitting. This would also result in higher pressure drop.

George
Mark Mouton
Posted: Mar 02, 2013 09:08 AM
I'm running 200' of graco hoses.
Does 5252 represent 52/1000 for the size of the inlet hole into the mixing chamber?
I've been using the same mixing chamber for a long time and the inlet holes might be wallowed out a little.(I might have a No.2.33 tip or something).
mark moyer
Posted: Mar 04, 2013 04:13 PM
you are either to cold (what i am leaning to)
or you have restriction (georgeous georgeous has taught me usually at the gun cause its got teany tiny little ports and places to get stuff caught in),,,,
of less importance,,but imma guessin you shootin closed cell too...
that h25 in proper operating conditions will shoot a 60/60 probably a size larger...in proper opertating conditions...

you dont tell about the drum temps when you start up...this is key..you can only heat the material so much,,,if george says 60,,,your only gonna heat it 50,,welcome to the real world,,this is a spray rig,,,not gracos lab..so if your drum fluid is 50 you can set that heater to 130 and the best that fluid is gonna get is about 100,,
dont matter what the meter says,,its a meter,,its still pinging the heater tellin it to go to 130 it dont care what your doin out there on the far end...and once you triger
well viscousity,,it is real,,it is your spray foam nemisis,,,specially you fellas with the little bitty machines..and the fluids have much different viscosities,,and if you havent noticed
those differences really start to manifest themself at 50 degress and it get worse the as the temps dip further,,solution,,,simple,,
gentle,,slow,,,steady heat,,
keep your drums temp range within the proportioners heater delta t range so they can condition the fluid effiently with less strain on the power source of the proportioner and genset,,,lots of amps hittin and hittin and hittin,,,

we use band heaters...we watch them close,,you can boil resin like a can of seven up if you a dumby,,,but i aint seen no dumbys sprayin foam,,you?? but with the band heat we can give it a gentle bump when we are circulatin in the morning tryin to bring the cold morning fluids up out of that ugly delta t mis-ratio...cold as its been we can sit there for an hour or more in this darned cold weather...so once we spray we dial the band heater down,,or off in most case as the fluid is rollin,, the traler is now 75(floor has 5" cc foam) but we do keep em on with the open cell,,math we need to get up there in temp so delta t is the same we need a higher inlet resin temp,,waala band heater...i keep mine so i can just touch it with my hand..hey 98.6,,no warmer...down on the bottom of the drum cause thats where the foot valve is and the fluid is being pulled..get to 1/2 a keg..unplug
oh yeah,,i spin down to that i/2 keg too..

if you notice in a factory power house,,,they exit with large lines and then downstream they reduce in size to further reduce as you travel further from the power source/pump..
this is true with hydraulics and paints,,
i like to run 100' of 1/2" on my rigs that go 300' or greater...thats one nice hole you peek into and it gives me a great feeling of joy knowing my boyz are delivering fluid..
with the best chance of not being restricted due to fluid flow cavitation orrestriction and thus
off ratio...when quaity matters..

if the chamber aint leakin or aint deformed patern tip or sumpin..shoot it...
study the graco manuals george has often posted for you...
these are a wealth of info,,drill bid sizes and lenghts,,,hole sizes,,,all kindz-a-crap

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.