Q&A Forums

crossover Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
john rioux
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 05:46 PM
crossover
I was spraying open cell today. I finished a roof deck and switched guns fusion for walls (smaller mixing chamber),clear clean gun. There was an immediate crossover, Resin traveled down into the A side whip. Today was the first day using the hose recirc. block in a while. I had been spraying a lot of closed cell, but I made sure there were no crystallized iso, and checked flow from the recirc. block. My question is, What could have caused this? and What should I look for after changing out the whip tomorrow other than iso blockage in the hose. This is all I could think of. A and B pressures were fine all morning, although my compressor was showing only 80 p.s.i. at the dryer. after I the crossover. Any help would be appreciated, as well as a source for a single 10' 1/4" graco style heated hose section.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 09:20 PM
Hi rio,

Alot of things can cause a crossover. Leaky side seals due to a dirty mix chamber/side seal seal. Worn side seal orings. Sending an air bubble through the line on one side. Not having enough air pressure to purge the gun properly when triggering. A dirty gun. Alot of our guys use 4' unheated stainless steel flex hoses between the end of the whip and the gun. They make spraying easier and if you have a bad crossover that foams a hose, you only need to replace one 4' ss hose. We stock these if interested.

Hope this helps,

George

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.