Q&A Forums

Cost of getting into business Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Duke Edwards
Posted: Feb 26, 2008 11:40 PM
Cost of getting into business
Just a quick question, before I start calling suppliers and getting set-up, what are my expected total of expenses to be to get set up to do this? We are going to renovate our 3,500 sq.ft house, plus we have several steel buildings on our property, and have neighbors and friends that want stuff insulated. Plus we are getting into building rural churches. So I am thinking it might be a wise investment to get into doing this. I am sure I can get jobs from the public also. There are no contractors withing 200 miles of where we are. So what is everyone's thoughts? Thanks for the help.
Thomas Kasper
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 08:01 PM
It costs a lot of money.
Raw materials-equipment, and it is hard work.
30-40k should get you started.
Brian Ahrens
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 09:09 PM
There is alot more than just equipment and foam. There are tools ,ladders, staples, plastic, insurance, advertising, will you need a place to store your equipment, phones, utiltiy bills, business cards, a computer, paper, fuel, any employees. Are you going to be a member of any HOH's. An accountant, a lawyer. Equipment will break down and you will have to maintain it. You will need working capital until your customers pay. My list could go on and on. This business like any can be very expensive. Do lots of research and lots of hard work. It can be very rewarding. Best of Luck to you. Nicole
Lane Hogstad
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 10:25 PM
Tom must sell equipment
Duke Edwards
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 10:53 PM
What about the products that come in a disposable bottle, that looks like a propane bottle for you BBQ, is it junk or good for small projects. Other problem is with the church and stuff, there isn't a contractor within 250 miles and I can't get them to give the time of day. Is this a reality or are they just that busy?
Robert Webster
Posted: Mar 01, 2008 05:56 PM
with over 15yrs of industrial coatings experience I started a new business 2yrs ago.as att.inc stated theres a LOT more than equipment and material. Advertising can cost a fortune the first few years... Not including the 2005 $35,000 pickup i have $108,000 invested in my company which consist of only 1 rig, which does include a 40kw generator which for what i do i could not run with out. Research and research some more before you jump in and be sure your well trained no one in the industry needs another bad applicator

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.