Q&A Forums

B Rich Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 10:49 AM
B Rich
I have an E-20 on a smaller rig that continues to use more B than A. The machine very rarely goes E-24 and the pressures stay within a 100-200 PSI of each other.

Why does this machine continue to use more B than A? I have changed out 150 ft of the hose and only have a 50 ft section plus a 10 ft whip that is older.

If I go through 5 sets of material, I am short by at least 1 drum of Reisin.

Could just a little iso crystals inthe line be causing this probem?

Why doesn't it E-24 if I am off ratio?
travis fails
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 11:50 AM
I have an E-20 also. It is not the machine or the hoses it is the material. I use to have extra a- side every 6 sets I would have an extra drum of A-side. Then they added 50 more pounds to the A-side per set and now I have an extra B-side about the 7th set.
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 12:05 PM
I hope that is the case, but on 3 sets of foam, I am 1 b short. On top of that, my 3 # feels like 2 # now, so I kind of think something is wrong.

I will ask the manafacturer is anything is different. I have changed from Lapolla to Bay Systems in the last month.
travis fails
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 12:12 PM
I spray bayer also about 4 years now always been the case even when it was U.C.S.C.
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 12:31 PM
So is this common!

Steve
Dennis Davidson
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 01:38 PM
Steve
First thing is to determine if you really are "B-rich" or not. If the 3lb. feels a little spungy, it probably is B rich Check your foam for large cells within the foam structure. Most foam materials will run a little off. I have a GAMA G-250 and I'll always be about 150lbs off but the foam is fine. When I use the same machine for poly's it runs perfectly even on pressures so it definitely is the foam causing an imbalance. Having a full drum difference every 3-5 sets is excessive.
Have someone monitor the gauges while the machine is operating (not at an idle). See if you get a slightly higher or lower pressure reading on the A side.
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 08:38 PM
Last week, a rod assembly that connects the motor to the a side, had a bearing that went out. I jerry rigged it to work and even though my pressure was close, the overall volume could be off. I had ordered another and didn't take the time to change it.

Also, I sat up the E-20 from September of 07 to October of 08 and had a few issues on the A side when I cranked it up. Ended up changing out the transfer lines and the whip and the ratio was off only slightly on a set at the end of the day.

Over the last year, I have changed 150 ft. of hose and will change out the remaining 50 ft tomorrow along with a new whip.

I guess that a little of each of these problems have helped contribute to this problem. I hope that is all that I have to deal with and then the problem will be solved.

I have gotten a ton of milage out of this little E-20 and would like to keep it in my fleet if possible.

Steve
Circle-D
Posted: Jul 27, 2009 10:31 PM
I'm really careful about staying in balance. I know my rig always runs with-in 50 psi of one another. If it gets out more than that it is time to check filters and figure out why.
Because the viscosity of "B" is slightly higher than "A" I run the temps about 5 degrees warmer on the "B"side.This helps to keep the gauges more even also. I will gain on "A" just the same and will come up short a "B" after about 30 sets.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.