Q&A Forums

atlas/copco Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
philip mullins
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 09:38 AM
atlas/copco
anyone know anything about thier compressors? 7.5 horse screw total air system (drier and tank included) 5g's new. good price. what about the quality? $2500 cheaper than an ingersoll rand but, i know ir makes a good machine. tx
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 05:21 PM
Is it a GX model?
Gerry Wagoner
Posted: Aug 15, 2007 10:09 PM
Atlas Copco is the largest manufacturer of air compressors in the world.

og
Posted: Aug 16, 2007 06:26 PM
dont forget
castair or eaton compressor,,,
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 04:22 PM
The reason I asked if it was a GX model is because they had a lot of problems with the new GX7s through GX11s (full feature units which means dryer included). They had a spin on seperator that would clog up and cause a lot of oil bypass. They did come out with a service tip (from Belgium) to expand the oil return check valve. If the GX model is 2005 or before do not purchase it. They did redesign the GX full feature unit just like the GA models. I think the only belt driven GA models are the GA 5 and GA 7. GA models are so quiet and efficient you can hold a conversation in the truck. Atlas Copco parts may be difficult to obtain next day. If you have any questions about air compressors, call Steve Escue at Air Technologies 440-349-3900. He knows more about air compressors than anyone I have ever met, is a nice guy, and willing to help. aircompressors.com
Posted: Aug 17, 2007 04:49 PM
Oh and FYI. Anyone using a desiccant dryer. Once oil hits the desiccant it is spent. Molecular sieve included. You need to make sure you have plenty of oil filtration before the dyer. A refrigerated dryer is OK but will only take you down to a 32F degree dew poit. Desiccant can go to -40F. With the way this year has been the dryer the better.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.