Q&A Forums

Anybody here from Canada Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 12:09 AM
Anybody here from Canada
Just curious if anyone here is from or does work in Canada?

Luke
Gordon Howard
Posted: Apr 12, 2008 07:26 PM
I am originally form Vancouver but I spray in the midwest US now. More work. Why? I thought you are from Michigan.
Gordon Howard
Posted: Apr 26, 2008 04:02 AM
jeff henderson
Posted: May 06, 2008 05:40 PM
Yep. Flin Flon, Manitoba.
Posted: May 15, 2008 02:53 PM
Hi Gordo,

Interesting. So there is more insulation work in the midwest than where you were in Canada? I am surprised. Based on the climate, I thought there would be more demand.

Also, I thought Canada had some national legislation that mandated higher energy efficiency that we don't have here in the USA? I would think foam would be perfect for this?

Nice to hear your opinions on this, because I always assumed that Canada would be a foamer's paradise?

Brian
www.roofcrafterswest.com
kevin smith
Posted: May 19, 2008 10:31 AM
Hey Luke ,

I'm from Kingston ,Ontario, Canada. Email me if you have any ideas on how to spray a flatter surface. Are my Temp to high on the machine. I run a E-20 by Graco. My hose heaters are set at 105 degrees. And the pressure is at at 1100 - 1400 psi. I find the closer i get to the substrate it gets worse. I never said i was an expert at this but, this is ridiculus. I can sell this stuff like it's going out of style. But to spray it is another story. Please help.
email me at bdkfoaminsulation@yahoo.ca
Luke Kujacznski
Posted: May 19, 2008 10:42 AM
I am in michigan. But wanted to talk to some Canadians about your selling points up there.

Luke
Gordon Howard
Posted: May 20, 2008 01:24 AM
The "more work in the US" is in coatings and roofing for agriculture. Definitely not residential insulation in walls. Mostly grain silos poultry farms and slaughterhouse floors etc...

I have a pretty good clientel and mostly referrals. I ahve not seen much for competiton where I am operating and people are willing to pay. Don't move here...

I like being the only sprayer around.

Weirdest application...

Flexible foam rubber bedding for dairy cows coated with polyurethane protective liner.

The dairy farmer has less labour changing hay and cleaning stalls. Now he just pressure washes. Save son labour and hay $12,000 worth of hay each year.
Posted: May 23, 2008 10:40 PM
Thanks for the information Gordo.

Kindly,

Brian
www.roofcrafterswest.com
Brent Stanley
Posted: May 26, 2008 08:28 PM
I am from New Brunswick canada spraying walltite only. Particularly from Saint John.

Huffy

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.