Q&A Forums

Work Wanted Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Tyler Boehs
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 02:14 AM
Work Wanted
Work is very slow in southwest nebraska right now. We are looking for work. We have an H-40 Rig and crew we would send almost anywhere right now. Please call or email if you need help or have some jobs you would consider subcontracting out. Thanks for considering, Smart Foam Inc.
John Shockney
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 10:42 AM
It’s the same here,

normal very little going on from Christmas until tax day

time to do all that deferred repair work and the honey dew list

Airpro
mark moyer
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 12:20 PM
...truck drivin,,,delivery service boomin im hearing here in eastern iowa,,maybe try delivery service on side...works for them then you can sell cheap foam too....super trucker mutha whateva
drywallin foamers got it goin too...schitty installs covered right away,,, beauty,,,value
or shall we recommend you try machineing for your side line,,,or is foam the side line,,??
and then theres lawn care baby,,,trailers doin double duty..brilliant,,

lets see,,dallas is over,,,
did you get your complimentory "we are raising your prices 6cents a pound" again,,,???
have a nice day,,,,bend over,,and sell this stuff for us,,,at 3 times its value,,yep you heard it here first,,
the peeps in the parks are right,,,only the peeps they are protesting are right here,,,
3 times its friggin value...this stuff is WORTH 50 CENTS A FOOT INSTALLED,,,FULL CAVITY,,,
THE RAW MATERIALS DONT COST THAT MUCH,,

so sue me,,,
(middle finger up to those worthy)
Tyler Boehs
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 12:48 PM
'dude, At least your not not bitter! LOL I don't thick I would make a good trucker and I hate drywallin so I guess I'm screwed... Although I would look good coming out of my foam trailer pushing my 24" self propelled lawn mower!! :)))
Lynn Mether
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 03:29 PM
Checked out that house we talked about. Some other big d guy bid 3 inches closed for a little(i mean very little)more than we talked about 2 inches. Not worth the drive. Not even for me and its only a couple miles.

Sorry I didnt answer yesterday took the wife out for V-day. She made me leave my phone at home.
Tyler Boehs
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 03:35 PM
Midwesterner, No worries. If you need anything let me know.
Caleb DeFord
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 03:38 PM
dude! "The people in the park are right?"????
I think you've been leaving your respirator home too much!:-)
I believe in the free market system (yep I'm a capitalist pig, a selfish greedy CEO of my own private company who likes the idea of making money for working) and I believe that if a supplier is truly gouging it's customers (can we all say "mIcenyne)then eventually another supplier is going to take their customers and their market share and offer the same or better product at a much better price.
If it was just one supplier trying to raise the price, then we'd all buy from somebody else, but ALL the suppliers are raising their prices! Maybe there's a reason their costs are going up and so are all of ours. The name "Obama" comes to mind. Well, at least that's the first name that comes to mind anyway.
(I know I just opened up a can of worms, but that's okay. It makes for good discussion.)

Lawn mowing out of a spray foam truck. I never thought of that, but maybe the cleanup crew could catch a few lawns on the side while they wait for the sprayers, then they wouldn't have any down time.

-Foamilyman
Lynn Mether
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 05:06 PM
Now that we are off topic.

Dont you know obama has got our backs!!! Free healthcare, and lower taxes to the middle and lower class.

Now the reality check. My taxes aint gone down and my health insurance has come close to doubled.

Sorry but you kinda hit a nerve. Hope we can do better next time!
Posted: Feb 14, 2012 10:07 PM
TJ, do you have SPFA Certification. I have a $50k tapered foam roof (less than 50 squares) that I am going to have a hard time starting April 1st in Central Louisiana. I will be wrapping up another job later that month and I am getting a notice to proceed in the next ten days.

I can walk you through it, but the SPFA Certification is a deal breaker. 20 year warranty with silicone/granules.

Which manufacturers are you certified with for roofing?
mark moyer
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 09:04 AM
perfect bayuboy,,luv you man,,

bitter???,,,could give a ratz azz caleb...
uh,,,they chasin me remember,,lol,,,pompus,,you bet,,,,show me otherwise,,god bless!!
and sonny boy,,im the one who saw this bs comein down the road a few years back and drove eastern iowas prices up so they could whittle their future down,,,me,,,i could give a ratz azzz...
bitter,,they dont take my work,,they take crap work i dont want,,,cheap begets cheap,,and the cheapsters dont pay as well,,aint that right lawncareboyz....
again children,,it is your future you are kickin in the nuts every time you whittle a nickle off your "competitors" quote...arent you proud,,,
you took this industry to where you were,,,
a bunch of peeps beatin each other over the head for a nickle,,and in the end it broke your lawncare buisness or there "just wasnt any money in for the hastle"...open your eyes,,
sign me,,semi-sweet???not bitter
Bob Silverman
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 11:38 AM
I guess that all of the suppliers have passed on increases so far this year. I have heard that there is going to be another round of increases come the end of March or early April so be careful if you are bidding anything that is 60 days out and sizable. If things continue to develop in the Middle East and oil goes crazy, then who knows what prices will be.

Bob
mark moyer
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 03:35 PM
,,or is that ,,,iso shortage,,
intergalactic,,???of epic proportions,,,
honest,,,just for a little while,,,
towel-heads for sure,,,commie pinko towelheads

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.