Q&A Forums

What foam are you spraying Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Brian Bothun
Posted: Apr 13, 2010 10:22 PM
What foam are you spraying
I'm recently new to the business and chose Demilec's Heat Lok Soy. What is everyone else spraying?
jimcoler

I have over 10 years of experience specifying and installing open and closed cell spray foam. I've sold my business but I'm still selling for the new owners and consulting on large and custom specific jobs. 

I've expanded my knowledge into t

Posted: Apr 15, 2010 11:44 AM
I'm spraying BioBased Open (501) and Closed cells (1701, 2001NB, and 3000) I've been happy with it.
Posted: Apr 15, 2010 05:33 PM
jim,,you havein any probs with the local officials with your non-icc-es holding closed cells(at least at the last time i looked)/???
jimcoler

I have over 10 years of experience specifying and installing open and closed cell spray foam. I've sold my business but I'm still selling for the new owners and consulting on large and custom specific jobs. 

I've expanded my knowledge into t

Posted: Apr 17, 2010 12:17 AM
NO, BioBased has IC-ES for open and closed cell.
Posted: Apr 17, 2010 05:10 AM
jimster,,
i find esr 1383 dated 1/1/10 for the 501 series,,
put i cant find anything on the 1701 series,,
structure west of here spec'd with it and it got me looking,,darned if i can find it anywhere,,,
but i cant "shoot it" here in the liberal republic of johnson county without the es report or ul listing or sumpin like that to feed the code fellas
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: May 10, 2010 09:15 PM
We have alot of guys spraying BaySeal with great results. Good yield, r 6.9/inch, priced competatively. Reformulated a while back and now has low odor!

George
Posted: May 12, 2010 06:11 AM
on a day to day basis i shoot
basf/foam enterprises cc 81205 or 81206 pending on where its goin
gaco western modified Oc gw052
(still looking for an es on 1701...lol)
but i will shoot what ever is specified by the
architect,,and try to maintain relationships with
most of the vendors to allow such product access..
it is amazing the number of vendors who hand out a tech data sheet,,,but cant provide a copy of the referenced fire studies,,or any lab data to substantiate the claims,,
and as i beal,,they have no icc-es or ul paper...
most say its to expensive for the study while they charge you 2k for a set of material..rofl..
Paul Covert
Posted: Oct 17, 2010 10:05 PM
Gaco Western - great product, good people.
SPFer
Posted: Oct 18, 2010 06:43 AM
Big fan of Lapolla.
Matt Cogley
Posted: Oct 18, 2010 02:48 PM
We started with the DOW then moved to the Gaco, and are back to the Dow. Both are very similar. We get the DOW closer to home & cheaper. We'd like to try the BASF, but don't want to fork out for the "certification"
Daniel X
Posted: Oct 19, 2010 03:20 AM
BASF, things are a little different in Canada...
Alex Ek
Posted: Jan 20, 2011 03:12 AM
BASF Spraytite 178. Problem free

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.