Q&A Forums

Thinking about replacting compressor Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Feb 20, 2010 12:15 AM
Thinking about replacting compressor
I run an old gusmer 1600ff with one fresh air mask + fusion AP

I tend to lose pressure if i trigger for too long. I am assuming my compressor isn't up to snuff. It is quite old.

Thinking about adding one more mask to the system too, so,

1600 FF gusmer, fusion AP, 2 fresh air masks

What requirements would be necessary for the compressor? 15 scfm? Not positive.
Layton Warren
Posted: Feb 20, 2010 09:26 AM
I have a 40 cfm screw compressor that is driven off of the crank of the generator which works great. If you are running an old piston type it is possible that it is getting weak as it is the same idea as your car, the rings wear out over time and it cannot recover fast enough. If you don't have an air dryer in your assembly now would be the time to upgrade there as well. Ingersoll Rand makes a nice unit that puts out about 30 cfm from a 7.7hp unit complete with air dryer for around 8500 canadian last time I checked. Do you run a generator and how big is it. Hope this helps.
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 02:24 AM
..bc,,careful here man,,the possibility of you breathing "oil contaminated air" from your weak compressor is real,,,(bet your goobers slide right on out of the oral airway with the lubrication,,lol)the "standard" air compressor should not be used for "supplied air" without the appropriate inline filtration device to remove oil and other contaminates at the micron level,,as well as to moniter co cause this oderless, colorless gas can kill...without this filtration panel,, you should have a dedicated "ambient air pump" which has been designed to deliver "breathable" air...
you dont describe the size/cfm output of your current compressor,,but if 5hp or less the chance is good you are demanding more than it can supply,,,particularly if you have other air consumption devices in line as well...
cant remember for sure but i think the 1600 uses requires 26 cfm @ 100 psi or there abouts,,,with the con-fusion gun,,and pneumatic xfer pumps(not sure if the 1600 needs em or if it will pull juice without em) a call to intek or cpi or one of the other places (cpi's online database should have the tech sheet on this dinosaur as well)...tell em dude sent ya!!!
hope this helps,,,dude
Posted: Feb 21, 2010 04:55 AM
Don't worry my friend I have a breathable air panel that filters the air, that isn't a concern.

Also have a sepparate air dryer.

Thx for the information though guys, I'll definately use it in my searches for a new comp.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Feb 26, 2010 09:11 PM
Masks when configured to a filtration panel generally consume 4-6 cfm per mask, and 10-12 cfm per hood.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.