Q&A Forums

Stupid question Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
quentin
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 04:53 PM
Stupid question
OK, all hell has broken loose here but I am moving on the start up. I have gathered info, pricing and etc on most things and will be hitting the bank=, relatives and friends for the capitol starting this week. Business plan is almost done with the last few revisions being made so I can be at the Ohio Expo and bust on hooking some government contracts.

My stupid question is, when calculating costs, a BDFT is 12in x 12in x 1in correct or is it 3in in thickness?

Oh, and if I can hook a government contract for good money, I might need some help from someone else with a rig and experience that would be interested in steady work. I am hoping to hook the local base housing rebuilding project and that is a MAJOR chance since the schools and etc going up all over here have caused a shortage of contractors in the construction trades. Might be worth it for someone that can spend a bit of time in the area.

Yeah, I know, Marine in me constantly planning ahead for the best and worst cases. LOL
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 05:41 PM
One board foot is any combination of dimensions that equate to 144" inches (example 12"x12"x1" OR 8"x18"x1" etc).

So 12"x12"x3" is equal to 3 board feet.

Good luck!

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
quentin
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 07:25 PM
Thanks! That is what I was thinking with all the numbers floating in my head though I couldn't remember for sure. I know I need to get some training in here soon and have a possible arrangement on that at least. I promised my wife I would wait until I hear on this state job in my field but my rear is busting for foam so if I don't hear at the end of the week I can get the last bit together.

Right now I am getting the pricing on a 20ft by 8.5ft 10,000GVW trailer with the ramp door and diamond plating floor. I plan to plumb and run the electric myself. Beyond that I have the equipment figured out to start with too. Last part is working on the financing!!
philip mullins
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 06:52 PM
i have noticed some good trailer prices on ebay latley. even saw a few 8ft tall. i know it is risky to buy used equipment but, by watchin local adds and ebay i saved about 6 g's just on my compressor, gen, and trailer. and got all nice, near new equipment.
quentin
Posted: Mar 16, 2007 08:26 AM
I refuse to touch eBay anymore after being ripped off a couple of times and eBay actually supporting the thieves. For the compressor and generator, I just found out a couple of days ago that my neighbor is a manufacturer's rep for several tool companies and he is interested in cutting a deal to me for any common types of tools and equipment I need.

Only lived here about a year and a half but the more I learn about this neighborhood and the people living near me the more I love it! LOL Handyman across the street, tool rep around the corner, drywaller around the corner and a racer 4 doors down.

Now just wish me luck on April 4th and with the bank!

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.