Q&A Forums

Storing equipment for 6-7 months Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 05:16 PM
Storing equipment for 6-7 months
I have been reading through hundreds of the Q&A in this website and have read very little about equipment storage. I known the trick would be Not to store equipment but i would have no choice. I have read about using hydrualic oil, Diesel oil, Pump lub ect.... I have not purchased my equipment yet and plan to around the end of March. This is just one of my final questions i am researching.

I talked with a SPF Buisness owner in AZ and he warned me to stay out of the buisness if i cannot keep product flowing through the line. Any htoughts or advice from the pro's out there. Thanks.
Tim O'Keefe
Posted: Feb 21, 2008 05:29 PM
I said this before, but downtime is very hard on the equipment. If you only have use for foam half of the year, sub the work out. It will cost you a fortune in downtime and aggravation if you let it sit. Even the best laid plan for storage will not be 100% complete. Just a little cured ISO plugging something up and you will be off ratio.m Now spend the other 6 months trying to get it right again! I wouldn't think of trying this business if my rig was going to sit more than a couple weeks once you get going. They need to keep working!

Tim
Granite State Spray Foam Co.
philip mullins
Posted: Feb 21, 2008 09:36 PM
dude, just park it in my yard! problem solved.

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.